Company: The Edge Fitness Clubs
Location: Cherry Hill
Posted on: November 20, 2023
Who We ARE: When you work for the Best. Gym. Ever, you join the
Best. Team. Ever. Our corporate office reflects the culture of our
gyms. We're enthusiastic leaders, hard-working and experts at what
we do. Our corporate team supports our gyms by having a can-do
attitude and rolling up our sleeves to get to work. We always keep
the end goal in mind- do what's best for our members, club
employees and our business.
What We LOVE: People. Fitness. Teamwork. Fun. Changing Lives.
What You'll DO:
The Maintenance Technician at The Edge Fitness Clubs will report to
the Regional Facilities Manager and be responsible for performing
highly diversified duties to install, repair, troubleshoot and
maintain production and facility equipment according to safety,
predictive and productive maintenance systems and processes to
support the achievement of the club's goals and objectives.
- Under the direction of the Regional Facilities Manager,
accountable for ensuring the clubs are maintained in a healthy,
safe and timely manner.
- Perform highly diversified tasks to maintain the facility
including general maintenance, basic plumbing, basic electrical
work, basic carpentry and labor including replacing light bulbs and
related components, replacing HVAC filters, maintaining parts
inventories, servicing and replacing plumbing components, replacing
cables and Kevlar, painting and drywall repairs, on an as needed
basis and dispatches licensed trade workers when unable to complete
tasks that require a license.
- Provide emergency/unscheduled repairs of facility
- Responsible for carrying out routine building and grounds
maintenance and inspection procedures and ensures cleaning tasks
are completed on a daily basis.
- Identifies and proposes aesthetic repairs throughout the club
during daily club walkthroughs.
- Completes Issuetrack work orders on a daily basis in accordance
with completion deadlines.
- Diagnose problems, replace or repair parts, test and make
adjustments as necessary.
- Perform regular preventative maintenance on equipment and club
- Escalates any maintenance and/or safety issues to the Regional
Facility Manager for resolution.
- Monitors the safety of work area and responds immediately to
rectify any safety concerns. Responsible for reporting safety
- Promotes an engaging and welcoming environment to all
employees, members and visitors. Creates a culture and environment
consistent with company values and standards for employees and
- Participates in regular Facilities/Maintenance team
- You will be traveling from club to club daily. Travel is
primarily local during the business day, although some out-of-area
and overnight travel may be expected.What You Will NEED:
- High School Diploma or equivalent experience is required.
Related trade school training is preferred and is an asset.
- 1 years related maintenance technician experience (facilities
or mechanical maintenance).
- Prior Plumbing, HVAC or Electrical experience is preferred with
proficiency in at least one major area.
- Proficient with the use of basic hand tools and various power
- Related industry experience is an asset (i.e. retail,
hospitality, leisure, fitness, etc.).
- Must hold a valid driver's license and demonstrated safe
driving record.Work Environment:
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is
regularly required to sit, stand, walk, bend, kneel, stoop, and
crouch. The employee may be standing for long periods of time. The
employee may frequently lift or move items up to 10 pounds and
occasionally lift or move items up to 100 pounds.
- This position will require that you work in the clubs
daily.Position Type/Expected Hours of Work:
- This is a full-time position, and core hours of work and days
are Monday through Friday 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. This position
occasionally requires longer hours and frequent evening and weekend
work, and special projects such as new club openings. Shifts may
last 12 hours.What We Offer YOU:
- We will give you a FREE Gym membership for you and a friend!
Get your workout in during lunch or after shift!
- We "insure" you and your family stay healthy with our tiered
Health Benefits: Medical, Dental Vision.
- We work hard to play hard--- take your vacation! PTO Paid
Holidays. Vacation days improve overall wellbeing!
- We make sure you plan for your future. Enroll in our 401k.
- We want you to save money! There are discounts on personal
training, apparel, shake bar Edge Kids!
- We want you to grow! Team builders, Leadership and Development
training, all opportunities to advance!
- We protect you with our company paid Life insurance ($25k), and
Long-Term Disability (LTD) and Employee Assistance Program
- We will give you an awesome culture and fun work environment!
Look forward to coming to work each day!
Not all heroes wear capes, we wear sneakers and workout clothes!
There is a reason our members call us the best gym ever... it's
because we have the best staff ever... come join our team! It's
okay--- you can invite your friends to come work with you too!
Edge Fitness, LLC is an equal opportunity employer and complies
with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment
The above statements are intended to describe the general
activities, duties and responsibilities that are required of the
employee for this job. Please note these statements are not an
exhaustive list of all activities, duties and responsibilities.
Duties, Responsibilities and activities may change at any time with
or without notice.
Keywords: The Edge Fitness Clubs, Cherry Hill , Maintenance Technician, Professions , Cherry Hill, New Jersey
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!