Maintenance Mechanic Technician
Company: Keystone Industries
Location: Cherry Hill
Posted on: May 7, 2022
Job DescriptionPosition Overview:The Maintenance Mechanic
Technician II is responsible for systematic inspection, testing,
detection, correction repairs, preventive maintenance, machine
upgrades on semi-automated high volume chemical mixing and
manufacturing equipment. This includes the timely repair of
chemical processing equipment, installation of new equipment,
troubleshooting of equipment problems, shop fabrication of various
materials and may, at times, include the programming of electrical
controls. Essential Job Functions:
- Install, startup and shutdown equipment in accordance with
company safety policies and OSHA requirements.
- Install, maintain and troubleshoot pumps, valves, fluid
changes, belt adjustments and replacements, and seal replacements
related to chemical processing production equipment.
- Shop Fabrication of various materials.
- Install, maintain, troubleshoot, and program Motor Drives,
valves, mechanical systems etc.
- Repair and service automatic control devices such as
photoelectric equipment, proximity switches, etc.
- Ad-hoc projects as requested by management.
- Performs other duties as requested by management.
- Maintenance personnel are required to become familiar with the
nature of production jobs and learn the basic operation and flow of
product through Keystone's processing system and troubleshoot
equipment and process problems. Qualifications:
- Minimum 2 years' experience as a Maintenance
Mechanic/Technician maintaining chemical or food processing
- Willingness and ability to be forklift certified and trained on
- Work at various heights from ladders, scaffolding, or from a
scissor lift. Work in confined areas and outdoors when
- Demonstrated mechanical ability.
- Demonstrated knowledge of electrical components, DCS controls &
automation wiring, valves, pumps, mixing motors, chillers, boilers,
furnaces, mixing shafts, gearboxes, chain drives, and belt
- General Carpentry skills.
- Strong problem solving and critical thinking skills.
- Good oral, written skills with the ability to communicate
information to others.
- Continuously improve knowledge and skills, staying current with
- Capable of working in hot, cold or dusty areas.
- Ability to lift and carry up to 50 lbs.
- Capable of standing, walking, kneeling, etc. for long periods
- Ability to work longer hours and weekends, as needed.Physical
demands and work environment:The physical demands and work
environment characteristics described here are representative of
those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the
essential functions of this job.
- Physical Demands: Employee is required to walk; sit; use hands
to finger, handle or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with
hands and arms; balance; stoop; bend; kneel and climb; and lift 50
lbs. on a daily basis.
- Work Environment: This position requires one to work both in an
office environment and a manufacturing facility. There are varying
temperatures. There is a moderate level of noise, heat, dust, dirt,
Keywords: Keystone Industries, Cherry Hill , Maintenance Mechanic Technician, Professions , Cherry Hill, New Jersey
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!