Company: Spring Hills Cherry Hill
Location: Cherry Hill
Posted on: November 24, 2022
Spring Hills Cherry Hill - Award winning company focused on
employee experience. INVESTING IN YOUR FUTURE -with, -COMPETITIVE
-pay, matching 401k, education and training. -CARING -about your
work/life balance with flexible scheduling & -GENEROUS PTO.
#FINDINGYOURHAPPY with Employee Committee, rewards and
recognitions, making friends where you work. BUILDING YOUR SKILLS
-with new investments in technology and opportunities for
What you want: -A Company that cares, to make a difference, to
learn and grow, to be valued, to be a part of something
What we can do: -Give you the opportunity to grow, to let your
inner passion rise, to be your true self, to be a part of a
Spring Hills Senior Communities wants YOU! Come and introduce
yourself to us today we want to meet you and give you the
opportunity to #LiveHappy. EEO
We offer our Recreation Aides competitive pay and comprehensive
- Flexible Schedules
- Medical Plan
- Dental Plan
- Vision Plans
- 401k Match
- Flex Spending Accounts
- Incentive Bonuses
- 100% Paid Life Insurance
- Vacation Hours
- Sick/Personal Days
- Associate Appreciation Program
- Premium Holiday Pay
- Continuous Education Available
- Cell Phone, Train & Retailer Discounts
- Volunteering Benefits
Position Summary: The Recreation Aide assists the Director of
Recreational Services in designing, creating, initiating and
coordinating a wide variety of multi-level, age-appropriate
recreational and educational activities for the residents of the
community. Reports to the Director of Recreational Services.
- Attends work as scheduled and follows community's call off
- Adheres to monthly recreational calendar and conducts various
activities at the director of the Director of Recreational
- Encourages resident participation in programs and
- Maintains a record of residents' daily activity participation
in scheduled & unscheduled activities.
- The Recreation Aide maintains general observation of residents
and shares appropriate information with staff.
- Follows departmental budget guidelines.
- Provides emotional and social support to residents.
- Respects the dignity of and encourages the independence of all
- Works in a clean, sanitary, safe, and organized manner, abides
by all health and safety regulations.
- Escorts residents on activities away from the property as
- Assists with the registration of residents for trips and
- Assists in the surveying and interviewing of residents to
determine interests, talents and resident satisfaction.
- The Recreation Aide maintain resident store (where applicable)
by adhering to store hours, conduct transactions with customers,
balance cash box at closing, and track inventory for
- Obeys all traffic laws
- Operates vehicle in a safe and courteous manner.
- Observes all mandatory safety regulations for multi-passenger
and single passenger vehicles.
- Keeps vehicle clean.
- Adheres to schedule and drives assigned routes.
- Checks bus before and after each operation for mechanical
defects and completes pre and post-trip checklist.
- Transports only authorized residents.
- Maintains order on vehicle at all times.
- Reports all accidents to appropriate personnel immediately and
completes required forms
- Supervises residents while loading, unloading, and
- Renders first aid, as appropriate, until emergency medical
- Notifies the supervisor of any mechanical failure.
- Delivers vehicles to auto shop for repairs and
- Discharges residents only at authorized stops.
- Loads and unloads baggage, packages, and other items.
- Keeps supervisor informed of any route changes due to road
conditions, number of residents transported, and other appropriate
- Attends all required training, in-service, and staff
- Strives to maintain a safe working environment through the
prevention of accidents, the preservation of equipment, and the
achievement of safe working practices.
- The Recreation Aide - maintains a positive and professional
demeanor toward residents, visitors, families, and
- Adheres to all policies and procedures of Spring Hill,
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Reading Comprehension - Understanding written sentences and
paragraphs in work related documents.
- Time Management - Managing one's own time and the time of
- Speaking - Talking to others to convey information
- Active Listening - Giving full attention to what other people
are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, asking
questions as appropriate, and not interrupting at inappropriate
- Service Orientation - Actively looking for ways to help
- Instructing - Teaching others how to do something.
- Judgment and Decision Making - Considering the relative costs
and benefits of potential actions to choose the most appropriate
- Oral Comprehension - The ability to listen to and understand
information and ideas presented through spoken words and
- Extent Flexibility - The ability to bend, stretch, twist, or
reach with your body, arms, and/or legs.
- Speech Recognition - The ability to identify and understand the
speech of another person.
- Oral Expression - The ability to communicate information and
ideas in speaking so others will understand.
- Job Description - Recreational Services Assistant/ Driver
- Problem Sensitivity - The ability to tell when something is
wrong or is likely to go wrong. It does not involve solving the
problem, only recognizing there is a problem.
- Speech Clarity - The ability to speak clearly so others can
- Information Ordering - The ability to arrange things or actions
in a certain order or pattern according to a specific rule or set
of rules (e.g., patterns of numbers, letters, words, pictures,
- Fluency of Ideas - The ability to come up with a number of
ideas about a topic (the number of ideas is important, not their
quality, correctness, or creativity).
An Associate's degree or equivalent from a two-year college or
technical school; or six months related experience and/or training;
or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Must possess a valid driver's license in the State
- Must be twenty-one (21) years of age.
- Must possess a valid First Aid certification
- No major accidents last 3 years.
- No moving violations last 3 years.
Standing (over 2/3), walking (over 2/3), using hands to finger,
handle or feel (over 2/3), reach with hands and arms (over 2/3),
climb and balance (over 1/3), stoop, kneel (1/2-2/3), talk or hear
(Over 2/3), taste or smell (Over 1/3). Lifting up to 10 pounds
(over 2/3), Up to 25 pounds (1/3-2/3); Up to 50 pounds (under
Keywords: Spring Hills Cherry Hill, Cherry Hill , Activity Aide, Other , Cherry Hill, New Jersey
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!