Company: Positive Development
Location: Cherry Hill
Posted on: May 9, 2022
Our Organization:At Positive Development, our mission is to help
children on the spectrum build more natural, meaningful connections
with their families and communities as they achieve greater growth,
independence, and joy. Our company is rooted in decades of
experience with autism and related disabilities. We are parents,
family members, self-advocates, and clinicians who believe deeply
in the power of the developmental approach because we have
personally seen firsthand the transformation our children and
families experienced. We offer comprehensive developmental therapy
to those on the autism spectrum holistically by including
Occupational Therapy, Speech Therapy, and Mental Health Therapy as
part of the intervention process.Position Description:In need of
playful and effective occupational therapist to provide therapy to
children in Cherry Hill, NJ. Training provided to the right
candidate. Must have a license to practice occupational therapy in
the state of New Jersey.Looking for an occupational therapist to
provide therapeutic intervention for children in a variety of
settings. The occupational therapist will work in collaboration
with the clinical team and will provide individual and group
occupational therapy in home, school, and/or
- Provide one on one therapy to children with autism spectrum
disorder utilizing the play-based strategies of the Developmental
Model. These sessions will be provided in the child's home, via
telehealth and/or (eventually) in the clinic.
- Conduct parent/child sessions with the goal of teaching parents
the Developmental Model strategies and make them more effective
partners in their children's play.
- In every session, work toward the goals written in each child's
individual therapeutic program. Record session notes in the child's
Electronic Health Record and communicate progress and issues
directly to the supervising professional.
- Communicate regularly with the child's parents and the rest of
the clinical team.
- Participate in bi-monthly team meetings which include the
child's parents.Applicants must possess our Core
Oriented5.Curious6.Mission Driven7.IntegrityRequired of
- Be passionate about working with children and families.
- Have exposure to or experience working with
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Complete the Positive Development training program (30 hours)
and pass a competency test.
- Complete and pass a background check and drug screen.
- Technical capabilities with Apple and/or Android devices.
- Must have reliable transportation to travel
Keywords: Positive Development, Cherry Hill , Occupational Therapist, Other , Cherry Hill, New Jersey
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!