Accounts Receivable Specialist (2)
Company: Kemberton Healthcare
Location: Cherry Hill
Posted on: May 6, 2022
POSITION SUMMARY:The Accounts Receivable Specialist will be
responsible for securing revenue by identifying, verifying and
posting payments. As well as verifying the validity of account
discrepancies by obtaining and investigating payment details. They
will assist in initiating payment invoicing by confirming accurate
payment data and assist in Operations workflow by providing
up-to-date balance information.PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
MAY INCLUDE ANY OR ALL OF THE FOLLOWING:
- Correspond with Claims Advocates to resolve payment
discrepancies, balance enquiries and financial status queries.
- Act as point person for the facilitation of payments posting,
balances, AR adjustments etc.
- Navigate healthcare software systems to review account
transactions and adjustments
- Document customer payments by recording cash, checks and credit
card transactions found in Hospital Systems.
- Handle inquiries applicable to cash application; Research
miscellaneous A/R items to provide details and check copies, to
support audit work as may be requested.
- Work collaboratively to respond to non-standard requests
- May provide general guidance or technical assistance to less
experienced team members
- Calculating balances by reviewing payments, adjustments,
- Identifying and entering insurance payment information
- Researching and digging into patient accounts in order to
identify and accurately record account payments and
- Analyzing accounts financial status (open, closed, zero
- Accurately identify and capture financial transactionsOTHER
DUTIES & EXPECTATIONS:
- Updates job knowledge by participating in continued training. ?
Maintain an organized and streamlined workflow. ? You may also
provide additional support to management during audits or another
- Willing to work overtime during audits and other busy times
during the month.
- Work consistently in hospital revenue cycle software (Epic,
Meditech, Cerner, Soarian, etc.).
- Reporting research results
- Comply with company's code of conduct.
- Additional duties and responsibilities as assigned.CORE
- Caring - Warm, sincere and relational
- Purposeful - High-minded, idealistic, compassionate
- Encourages a Learning Environment - Expands the ability of
oneself and others constantly; strives for new skills; seeks
continuous learning opportunities for growth and development
- Effectively Communicates - Speaks clearly, listens effectively,
and responds well to questions; Writes clearly and informatively;
Edits work for errors; Varies writing style to meet needs; Able to
read and interpret information; Documents are accurate and
delivered on time; Uses good judgement when communicating
- Decisive - Makes timely, relevant and evidence-based decisions
both independently and in the team setting; exhibits sound and
accurate judgement; supports and explains reasoning for
- Empowers - Provides enough latitude to allow employees to make
independent decisions and exercise individual judgement; Encourages
innovation and creativity amongst employees and teams
- Teamwork - Balances team and individual responsibilities;
Exhibits objectivity and openness to others' views; Gives and
welcomes feedback; Contributes to building a positive team
- Professionalism - Approaches others in a tactful manner; Reacts
well under pressure; Treats others with respect and consideration
regardless of their status or position; Accepts responsibility for
own actions; Follows through on commitments.
- Adaptability - Adapts to changes in the work environment;
Adjusts methods to best fit the situation; Able to deal with
change, delays, or unexpected events.
- Cultural Sensitivity - Models behaviors that reflect the
culture of Kemberton; Awareness of the similarities and differences
that exist between employees, teams, departments and customers to
build more effective relationshipsWORKING CONDITIONS:
- Office environment with some exposure to external environment,
temperature changes, uneven walking services..
- Talking: Frequently conveying detailed or important
instructions or ideas accurately, clearly, or quickly.
- Hearing: Able to hear average or normal conversations and
receive ordinary information.
- Repetitive motion: Frequent and regular use of the wrists,
hands, and fingers to make small movements such as typing or
picking up small objects. Normal fine and gross motor control of
fingers and hands.
- Seeing: Visual acuteness necessary for the proper evaluation of
or to prepare, inspect documents or other materials. Ability to
accurately view computer monitors.
- Physical: Frequent sitting, standing and walking. Occasional
lifting up to 25 lbs, pushing and pulling up to 45 lbs. Occasional
kneeling, stooping, and bending at the waist.POSITION
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS:Education:Experience:
- Prior experience preferred but not required
- Preferred upfront knowledge on insurance payers
- Preferred knowledge of healthcare terminologyKnowledge, Skills,
Abilities and Competencies:
- Must have strong organizational skills, demonstrate time
management and strong attention to detail
- Strong data entry skills, general math skills. analytical &
- Must be effective working collaboratively in a growing,
- Adheres to company policies and strictly follows all company
- Ability to meet strict deadlines
- Adhere to HIPAA and PHI guidelines
- Positive outlook, adaptability & ability to learn new tasks
- Work to consistently meet production expectations in a
- Work independently within established procedures; may receive
general guidance on new assignment
- Financial software knowledge beneficial
Keywords: Kemberton Healthcare, Cherry Hill , Accounts Receivable Specialist (2), Other , Cherry Hill, New Jersey
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!