Manager, ActiveCore Ops Engineering
Location: Cherry Hill
Posted on: September 13, 2021
Business offers technology solutions ranging from Ethernet,
internet, and WiFi connectivity to voice, television, and managed
Enterprise solutions to power businesses of all sizes to perform
better. From small businesses to mid-market and large Enterprise
organizations, Comcast Business serves business customers across
the country. Powered by an advanced, Gig-speed network and backed
by 24/7 technical support, Comcast Business is one of the largest
contributors to the growth of Comcast Cable. The organization is
the nation’s largest cable provider to small and mid-size
businesses and has emerged as a force in the Enterprise market,
recognized by leading industry associations as one of the fastest
growing provider of Ethernet services."
Responsible for planning, organizing and managing systems
engineering functions for Internet Services, Systems Development
Group. Plans new technology innovation and new features, supporting
daily operations and facilitating team performance. Meets the
systems engineering needs of future projects, directing activities
to meet customer requirements, improving existing applications;
and, implementing new process efficiencies to reduce costs and
enhance customer satisfaction. Manages team which may include
exempt and non-exempt employees. Serves as subject matter and
provide guidance to employees as required. Develops processes and
procedures to drive department efficiencies, assist in development
and meeting of, departmental budget.
- Keeps abreast of the cable industry and upcoming projects to
determine the means to implement changes in the existing network to
accommodate technology, features and functionality.
- Plans to meet and/or exceed the requirements of production
- Analyzes complex business needs via interaction with senior
leadership, internal operational managers and external
- Examines new projects, forecasts new staffing requirements and
reviews Company goals to prepare a systems engineering plan and
- Creates systems engineering (SE) standards, tools and processes
by reviewing documentation and participating in SE
- Leads user conferences to plan future projects and procedures.
Creates and executes a plan to upgrade systems to meet future
requirements using past experience and judgment as a guide.
- Creates new technical solutions which enhance process
efficiency, reduce cost and/or enhance customer and/or user
- Evaluates new and evolving technology for applicability and
impact on operational goals.
- Analyzes system performances against customer requirements and
directs corrective action.
- Consistent exercise of independent judgment and discretion in
matters of significance.
- Regular, consistent and punctual attendance. Must be able to
work nights and weekends, variable schedule(s) and overtime as
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Employees at all levels are expected to:
- Understand our Operating Principles; make them the guidelines
for how you do your job.
- Own the customer experience - think and act in ways that put
our customers first, give them seamless digital options at every
touchpoint, and make them promoters of our products and
- Know your stuff - be enthusiastic learners, users and advocates
of our game-changing technology, products and services, especially
our digital tools and experiences.
- Win as a team - make big things happen by working together and
being open to new ideas.
- Be an active part of the Net Promoter System - a way of working
that brings more employee and customer feedback into the company -
by joining huddles, making call backs and helping us elevate
opportunities to do better for our customers.
- Drive results and growth.
- Respect and promote inclusion & diversity.
- Do what's right for each other, our customers, investors and
- This information has been designed to indicate the general
nature and level of work performed by employees in this role. It is
not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive
inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications.
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer.
Relevant Work Experience
Base pay is one part of the Total Rewards that Comcast provides
to compensate and recognize employees for their work. Most sales
positions are eligible for a Commission under the terms of an
applicable plan, while most non-sales positions are eligible for a
Bonus. Additionally, Comcast provides best-in-class Benefits. We
believe that benefits should connect you to the support you need
when it matters most, and should help you care for those who matter
most. That’s why we provide an array of options, expert guidance
and always-on tools, that are personalized to meet the needs of
your reality – to help support you physically, financially and
emotionally through the big milestones and in your everyday life.
Please visit the compensation
and benefits summary on our careers site for more details.
Keywords: Comcast, Cherry Hill , Manager, ActiveCore Ops Engineering, Other , Cherry Hill, New Jersey
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!