Ground Hand Laborer - Cherry Hill, NJ
Company: Prince Telecom
Location: cherry hill
Posted on: May 3, 2021
Cherry Hill, NJ, USA
Ground Hand Laborers are an integral part of the construction
process. This position will work with crews performing work in the
telecommunications field. The Ground Hand Laborer is responsible
for routine construction related activities such as pulling out
cable lines and other equipment used in installing cable TV Wires
as well as directing traffic flow.
- Load and unload parts and materials to stock and maintain
- Throw 1-2 lb. weighted rope over elevated cable lines, and tree
- Pull lashing equipment down cable lines to secure wires
- Use pounding equipment to install grounding rods and anchors
- Assist in pulling out cable lines and other equipment used in
installing cable TV wires
- Operate chain hoist to add tension to cable and wires
- Operate vehicle, following all safety and traffic
- Direct traffic flow in accordance with local D.O.T.
- Safely utilize various construction hand tools
- Follow all OSHA safety and Prince Telecom safety requirements,
with or without supervision
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Ability and willingness to follow direction from
- Knowledge of state and local safety regulations on the job
- Willingness to work both individually and in a team
- Ability to communicate effectively with customers, employees,
- Ability to climb numerous telephone poles daily, approx. 20' in
- Willingness to travel
- Valid Driver's License
- This position may require travel
Safety Responsibilities:* *
- Follow all safety rules at all times.
- The employee shall not engage in unsafe acts.
- Attend and participate in all safety meetings and
- Use all prescribed safety equipment that is required to safely
do the job at hand.
- Report unsafe acts or conditions to his or her immediate
Supervisor or Safety Personnel.
- Report any and all injuries, accidents and/or incidents
- Duties outlined in this position will require the employee to
stand, crouch, sit, bend, use hands and fingers to handle or feel
as well as reaching with hands and arms to spaces both high and
low. The employee will be standing, walking, climbing, balancing,
crawling, crouching, lifting, holding or stooping while on shift.
May require walking on uneven surfaces for periodic periods
throughout the day. Work is performed near roadways, electrical
lines, heavy equipment and uncontrolled vehicles.
- Ability to work while wearing safety boots, safety glasses,
safety vest and hardhat
- Ability to work in adverse weather conditions which can include
but is not limited to: extreme heat and cold temperatures;
inclement weather such as wind, rain, snow, sleet and dust as well
as adverse driving conditions including wet roads, icy roads, and
- Employees in this job classification may be exposed to dust,
fumes or other airborne pathogens.
- Must be able to lift/carry50 lbs regularly and up to 100 LBS as
neededwith or without assistance
- Paid Vacation
- Paid Holidays
- Medical/Dental/Vision/Prescription Plans/Life Insurance/Long
Term Disability/Short Term Disability
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Retirement Savings Plan (401K) with company matching
- Company Stock Purchase Plan
Applicants are required to pass all company drug testing, submit
to a background check and adhere to all OSHA, state,
city/municipality safety requirements and training provided by the
company as required.
Our Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer and prohibits
discrimination and harassment of any kind including, based on
disability and protected veteran status. The Company's policy is
not to discriminate against any applicant or employee based on
race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic
information, religion, national origin, age, disability, veteran
status, or any other basis protected by applicable federal, state,
or local laws. The Company also prohibits harassment of applicants
or employees based on any of these protected categories. It is also
the Company's policy to comply with all applicable state and
federal laws respecting consideration of unemployment status in
making hiring decisions. Please visit the following URL to view the
EEO is the Law poster and the Supplement.
The Company also does not consider criminal convictions to be an
absolute bar to employment and will consider qualified applicants
with criminal histories.
Applicants applying for positions in Illinois are not required
to disclose arrests or sealed or expunged records of
Team Player:Works well as a member of a
Dedicated:Devoted to a task or purpose with
loyalty or integrity
Self-Starter:Inspired to perform without
Flexibility:Inspired to perform well when
granted the ability to set your own schedule and goals
Posted: February 2, 2021
Keywords: Prince Telecom, Cherry Hill , Ground Hand Laborer - Cherry Hill, NJ, Other , cherry hill, New Jersey
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!