Company: AristaCare at Cherry Hill
Location: Cherry Hill
Posted on: April 2, 2021
AristaCare at Cherry Hill is looking to hire a fullt-time
Purpose of Your Job Position
The primary purpose of your job position is to provide assistance
in all dietary functions as directed/instructed and in accordance
with established dietary policies and procedures.
Delegation of Authority
As a Dietary Supervisor, you are delegated the administrative
authority, responsibility, and accountability necessary for
carrying out your assigned duties.
Every effort has been made to identify the essential functions of
this position. However, it in no way states or implies that these
are the only duties you will be required to perform. The omission
of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the
position if the work is similar, related, or is an essential
function of the position.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Work with the facility's dietitian as necessary and implement
recommended changes as required.
- Ensure that all dietary procedures are followed in accordance
with established policies.
- Others as deemed necessary and appropriate, or as may be
- Develop and maintain a good working rapport with
inter-department personnel, as well as with other departments
within the facility to assure that food service can be properly
maintained to meet the needs of the residents.
- Create and maintain an atmosphere of warmth, personal interest
and positive emphasis, as well as a calm environment throughout the
- Participate in and assist in departmental studies and projects
as assigned or that may become necessary.
- Attend and participate in workshops, seminars, in-service
training programs, etc., as directed.
- Assist in serving meals as necessary and on a timely
- Assist in daily or scheduled cleaning duties, in accordance
with established policies and procedures.
- Assist cook in preparing meals.
- Distribute and collect menus as necessary.
- Obtain food supplies for next meal.
- Assist in checking diet trays before distribution.
Safety and Sanitation
- Prepare food, etc., in accordance with sanitary regulations as
well as with our established policies and procedures.
- Follow safety regulations and precautions at all times.
- Follow established Infection Control and Universal Precautions
policies and procedures when performing daily tasks.
- Ensure that the department is maintained in a clean and safe
manner by assuring that necessary equipment and supplies are
- Report all hazardous conditions/equipment to your director
- Report all accidents/incidents to your director on the shift in
which they occur.
- Assist in maintaining food storage areas in a clean and
properly arranged manner at all times.
- Dispose of food and waste in accordance with established
- Wear protective clothing and equipment when handling infectious
waste and/or blood/body fluids.
- Report missing/illegible labels or MSDS's to your director
Equipment And Supply Functions
- Ensure that food and supplies for the next meal are readily
- Assist in inventorying and storing in-coming food, supplies,
etc., as necessary.
- Maintain confidentiality of all pertinent resident care
- Knock before entering a resident's room.
- Report complaints to the Director of Food Services.
- Make only authorized food substitutions.
- Assist in food preparation for special meals for parties,
- Works in well-lighted/ventilated areas. Atmosphere is warm for
- Moves intermittently during working hours.
- Is subject to frequent interruptions.
- Is involved with residents, personnel, visitors, government
agencies/personnel, etc., under all conditions and
- Is subject to hostile and emotionally upset residents, family
- Communicates with the medical staff, nursing staff, and other
- Works beyond normal duty hours, on weekends, and in other
positions temporarily, when necessary.
- Is subject to call-back during emergency conditions (e.g.,
severe weather, evacuation, post-disaster, etc.).
- Attends and participates in continuing educational
- Is subject to injury from falls, burns from equipment, odors,
etc., throughout the work day, as well as to reactions from dust,
disinfectants, tobacco smoke, and other air contaminants.
- Is subject to sudden temperature changes when entering
- May be exposed to heat/cold temperatures in kitchen/storage
- Is subject to exposure to infectious waste, diseases,
conditions, etc., including TB and the AIDS and Hepatitis B
- Maintains a liaison with other department supervisors to
adequately plan for dietary services/activities.
- May be subject to the handling of and exposure to hazardous
Must possess, as a minimum, a high school education or
- Must be able to read, write, speak, and understand the English
- Must possess the ability to make independent decisions when
circumstances warrant such action.
- Must possess the ability to deal tactfully with personnel,
residents, family members, visitors, government agencies/personnel
and the general public.
- Must be able to follow oral and written instructions.
- Must maintain the care and use of supplies, equipment, the
appearance of work areas, and perform regular inspections of food
service areas for sanitation, order, safety and proper performance
of assigned duties.
- Must have patience, tact, cheerful disposition and enthusiasm
as well as be willing to handle residents based on whatever
maturity level they are currently functioning.
- Must possess the ability to seek out new methods and principles
and be willing to incorporate them into existing dietary
- Must not pose a direct threat to the health or safety of other
individuals in the workplace.
Physical And Sensory Requirements
(With or Without the Aid of Mechanical Devices)
- Must be able to move intermittently throughout the work
- Must be able to speak and write the English language in an
- Must be able to cope with the mental and emotional stress of
- Must possess sight/hearing senses or use prosthetics that will
enable these senses to function adequately so that the requirements
of this position can be fully met.
- Must function independently, have flexibility, personal
integrity, and the ability to work effectively with the residents,
personnel, and support agencies.
- Must meet the general health requirements set forth by the
policies of this facility which include a medical and physical
- Must be able to relate to and work with ill, disabled, elderly,
emotionally upset, and, at times, hostile people within the
- Must be able to push, pull, move, lift and carry.
- May be necessary to assist in the evacuation of residents
during emergency situations.
Regulatory Compliance - QAPI
- Recognize your role as part of the QAPI efforts of our
- Carry out QAPI roles and responsibilities as required
- Look for and share with leadership ideas for improvement in the
- Knowledge of current Performance Improvement Initiatives
Powered by JazzHR
Keywords: AristaCare at Cherry Hill, Cherry Hill , Dietary Supervisor, Other , Cherry Hill, New Jersey
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!