An international dental and cosmetic company, is looking for a
strong technical leader with a PhD in, who understands polymers,
coatings, and UV chemistry processes and interacts well with
customers, to join our talented team. This position is a
highly-visible role, reporting to the EVP, and managing an overall
team of 15 employees.
Essential Job Functions:
• Conduct research and development in a laboratory setting.
• Plans and controls the operational research program utilizing
engineering and scientific research methods for improvement or
optimization of the performance of the organization’s products and
• Research and recommend new processing technology.
• Provide technical direction for existing and new products
regarding material selection, characterization and qualification,
with ultimate translation to manufacturing.
• Derive requirements related to material properties and
• Perform complex formulations and syntheses, component and
• Utilize advanced chemical knowledge, data, modeling and
statistical tools to solve technical challenges.
• Support projects by performing laboratory work to improve
product performance, troubleshoot and resolve customer issues.
• Strong knowledge of organic chemistry.
• In-depth understanding of fundamental chemistry.
• Minimum 5 years’ experience in complex formulations and
syntheses, component and materials evaluations, and equipment.
• Minimum 5 years’ experience in initiating studies and
• Knowledge of industry specific technologies and developing
• Ability to understand and apply statistical analysis.
• Experience with statistical experimental design software.
• Ability to utilize multiple technologies.
• Proficient in MS Office applications.
• Excellent interpersonal skills.
• Must be flexible.
Prior experience with coatings a plus.
Experience in inks, polymers, monomers and resins a plus.
Understanding particle sizing, rheology, and film
Understanding of spectroscopic methods including IR and NMR