Head of Credit Mgmt - US CC & Unsecured Lending 285052BR
About TD Bank, America's Most Convenient Bank®
TD Bank, America's Most Convenient Bank, is one of the 10
largest banks in the U.S., providing more than 8 million customers
with a full range of retail, small business and commercial banking
products and services at approximately 1,300 convenient locations
throughout the Northeast, Mid-Atlantic, Metro D.C., the Carolinas
and Florida. In addition, TD Bank and its subsidiaries offer
customized private banking and wealth management services through
TD Wealth®, and vehicle financing and dealer commercial services
through TD Auto Finance. TD Bank is headquartered in Cherry Hill,
N.J. To learn more, visit www.tdbank.com. Find TD Bank on Facebook
at www.facebook.com/TDBank and on Twitter at
TD Bank, America's Most Convenient Bank, is a member of TD Bank
Group and a subsidiary of The Toronto-Dominion Bank of Toronto,
Canada, a top 10 financial services company in North America. The
Toronto-Dominion Bank trades on the New York and Toronto stock
exchanges under the ticker symbol "TD". To learn more, visit
The Head of Credit Management for US Credit Cards & Unsecured
Lending is responsible for all aspects of new account generation,
existing customer management, loss forecasting, collections
strategy and oversight, data management and analytics related to
the US credit cards & Unsecured Lending business line. This job
will manage a team of analysts and have accountability for strategy
and policy design related to new accounts, existing customers, and
collection strategies including issues on credit, pricing and
activation. This job is the central point for analytical reporting
and monitoring including data management and performance metrics
and maintains relationships with retail credit risk, data risk
management and other control functions to ensure quality control
and compliance with enterprise and industry best practices.
• Leads day to day management of all Risks & Controls associated
with a business segment (Product, P&L and process risk).
• Manages Loss Management – Portfolio PCL forecasts and targets
along with detailed portfolio and performance tracking.
• Directs Credit strategy and development – criteria and
cut-offs management for all auto and manual decisions along with
independent assessment of all PCL impacts of all initiatives and
• Oversees approval and implementation of strategy within pre
• Manages oversight of loss impacting operations interface –
collections and fraud strategies.
• Acts as primary interface with the product teams.
• Controls ownership and production of all reporting related to
credit cards & personal lending.
• Ensures close partnership with risk oversight teams:
o Joint readiness for regulatory interface
o Governance and management of audits
o Provide reports needed for compliance purposes
o Timely information/communication about major strategy
• Ensures that risk is identified, assessed, mitigated, managed
and reported upon.
• Participates in the development of risk policy and to ensure
that the business operates within appropriate policies.
• Leads the development, approval and application of an
appropriate risk appetite for the segment.
• Ensures that the business is operating within that
• Ensures appropriate governance and oversight procedures are in
• Provides expert advice and counsel to business leadership.
• Ensures that the risk framework within the segment is
appropriately managed, resourced and documented so as to meet
regulatory and audit requirements.
• Leads the process of defining and recommending credit card
risk appetite to the Head of Risk Management, , in consultation
with business leaders and peers in Risk Management and support Risk
Management’s annual assessment of performance against its risk
• Evaluates the ongoing effectiveness of TD’s retail card risk
appetite, taking into account changes in strategy, the operating
environment, operations, regulatory requirements and the risk
profile of TD Bank.
• Reviews, recommends, approves and monitors policies and
procedures within established guidelines for all risk elements
applicable to the credit card and merchant servicing segments (e.g.
credit, operational, reputational, regulatory etc.) ensuring
efficient internal controls and procedures are in place, consistent
with overall enterprise policies and regulatory requirements.
• Coordinates the development or revisions of policies,
procedures, to ensure compliance with regulatory process and that
deviations from policy are corrected and reported on.
• Oversees the credit risk adjudication process for the credit
card portfolios to ensure that the portfolios are managed
consistent with TD’s enterprise risk appetite.
• Approves credits within discretionary limits or makes
recommendations in excess of assigned discretionary limits for
consideration by the Risk Management executive.
• Acts as internal expert resource on all aspects of credit card
risk, proactively assesses all credit issues, recommends strategies
for effectively managing the credit risk, monitors and adjusts
exposure and recommends / escalates situations requiring approval
of Risk Management.
• Leads credit and risk management activities for the Credit
Card business, develops and implements automated credit risk
decision strategies for all credit card products; oversees the
methodology and parameters used for credit card risk management –
including creation, testing and review of models; and identifies,
monitors and assesses current and emerging risks.
• Ensures an effective operational risk management framework and
culture within the credit card and merchant acquiring segment,
including establishing operational risk appetite and mitigation for
specific exposures, compliance with operational risk policies, risk
and control assessments, process analyses.
• Advanced degree in business/ commerce; MBA preferred
• At least 15 years of progressive financial services and US
credit cards risk management experience developed in a large,
• Superior capabilities in leading the development and execution
of risk management strategies for credit cards. Strong ‘end-to-end’
risk management processes and disciplines.
• Demonstrated ability to build and grow a cards risk function,
with the ability and interest to scale management responsibilities
with the growth of the business.
• Must have deep US credit cards risk experience, ideally
developed within a large and diverse credit card provider.
• Strong understanding of the current regulatory environment in
the US and experience of interactions with the regulators.
• Strong understanding of and exposure to current technologies
deployed for effective retail financial services risk management
• Track record of successfully leading due diligence on credit
card portfolios under consideration for acquisition.
• Strong coach and developer of people. Experienced in
identifying opportunities where mentoring and leading by example
will foster leadership at the next level.
• Expert builder and manager of internal and external
• Experienced in using positive influence, collaboration and
relationship building skills to engage colleagues and gain
organizational support for new strategies, plans and initiatives as
they relate to credit card risk management.
• Clear and articulate communicator with strong personal
presence who establishes credibility with audiences inside and
outside the bank.
At TD, we are committed to fostering an inclusive, accessible
environment, where all employees and customers feel valued,
respected and supported. We are dedicated to building a workforce
that reflects the diversity of our customers and communities in
which we live in and serve, and creating an environment where every
employee has the opportunity to reach their potential.
If you are a candidate with a disability and need an
accommodation to complete the application process, email the TD
Bank US Workplace Accommodations Program at USWAPTDO@td.com .
Include your full name, best way to reach you, and the
accommodation needed to assist you with the application
Disabilities/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.