Engineer 2, Technical Research and Development
Location: Cherry Hill
Posted on: January 4, 2019
Business Unit: Job Summary:
Responsible for contributing to the team's data management and analytics as well as process improvements and overall program health. Evaluates individual programs working as
part of larger team. Develops and tests solutions, new products and applications collaboratively. Contributes to the initial design and implementation of products and applications. Analyzes and evaluates solutions both internally generated as well as third party supplied. Interfaces effectively with their peers. Develops novel ways to solve problems and discover new products, working on a portion of the problem and collaborating with more senior researchers as needed. Works independently with limited supervision and general instructions for
Employees at all levels are expect to:
- Understand our Operating Principles; make them the guidelines for how
you do your job
- Own the customer experience-think and act in ways that put our
customers first, give them seamless digital options at every touchpoint,
and make them promoters of our products and services
- Know your stuff-be enthusiastic learners, users and advocates of our
game-changing technology, products and services, especially our digital
tools and experiences
- Win as a team-make big things happen by working together and being
open to new ideas
- Be an active part of the Net Promoter System-a way of working that
brings more employee and customer feedback into the company-by joining
huddles, making call backs and helping us elevate opportunities to do
better for our customers
- Drive results and growth
- Respect and promote inclusion and diversity
- Do what's right for each other, our customers, investors and our
- Develops specifications, technical requirements, and algorithms for
future products and applications.
- Identifies complex problems and develops algorithms to solve them,
including building prototypes to demonstrate functionality and
transitioning algorithms to the Engineering team to put into production.
- Designs prototypes and assists with conducting studies to support
product or application development.
- Contributes to the development of testing and evaluates solutions
presented to the Company by various internal and external partners and
vendors. Contributes to case studies, testing and reporting.
- Organizes and maintains resources. Researches, writes and edits
documentation and technical requirements, including evaluation plans,
confluence pages, white papers, presentations, test results, technical
manuals, formal recommendations and reports. Presents papers to upper management and attends relevant
- Consistent exercise of independent judgment and discretion in matters
- Regular, consistent and punctual attendance. Must be able to work
nights and weekends, variable schedule(s) as necessary.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.Job Specification:
- Bachelor's Degree
- Computer Science, Engineering, Applied Mathematics, or Statistics
- Generally requires 2-5 years related experience
Comcast is anEOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employerand all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex or any other legally protected category.
Keywords: Comcast, Cherry Hill , Engineer 2, Technical Research and Development, IT / Software / Systems , Cherry Hill, New Jersey
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!