Certified Nurse Assistant (CNA) - Full-Time & Part-Time (with Sign-On
Company: AristaCare Cherry Hill
Location: Cherry Hill
Posted on: July 6, 2019
$1000 Sign-On Bonus for Full-Time and $600 Sign-On Bonus for
Part-Time. 3-11 and 11-7 Shifts Open!!!
Purpose of Your Job Position
The primary purpose of your job position is to provide each of your
assigned residents with routine daily nursing care and services in
accordance with the resident's assessment and care plan, and as may
be directed by your supervisors.
Delegation of Authority
As a Certified Nursing Assistant, you are delegated the
administrative authority, responsibility, and accountability
necessary for carrying out your assigned duties.
Every effort has been made to identify the essential functions of
this position. However, it in no way states or implies that these
are the only duties you will be required to perform. The omission
of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the
position if the work is similar, related, or is an essential
function of the position.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Use the wristband or photo card file to identify residents
before administering treatments, serving meals, etc., as
- Record all entries on flow sheets, notes, charts, etc., in an
informative and descriptive manner.
- Use only authorized abbreviations established by this facility
when recording information.
- Report all changes in the resident's condition to the Nurse
Supervisor/Charge Nurse as soon as practical.
- Report all accidents and incidents you observe on the shift
that they occur.
- Admission, Transfer, and Discharge Functions
- Ensure that the resident's room is ready for receiving the
resident (i.e., bed made, name tags up, admission kit available,
- Greet residents and escort them to their room.
- Introduce resident to his/her roommate, if any, and other
residents and personnel as appropriate.
- Make resident comfortable (i.e., put to bed, get water,
- Inventory and mark the resident's personal possessions as
- Store resident's clothing.
- Assist residents with packing their personal possessions when
they are being transferred to a new room, or when being
- Transport residents to new rooms or to the receiving area.
- Assist with loading/unloading residents from vehicles as
necessary. Personnel Functions
- Perform all assigned tasks in accordance with our established
policies and procedures, and as instructed by your
- Follow work assignments, and/or work schedules in completing
and performing your assigned tasks.
- Cooperate with inter-departmental personnel, as well as other
facility personnel to ensure that nursing services can be
adequately maintained to meet the needs of the residents.
- Create and maintain an atmosphere of warmth, personal interest
and positive emphasis, as well as a calm environment throughout the
unit and shift.
- Meet with your shift's nursing personnel, on a regularly
scheduled basis, to assist in identifying and correcting problem
areas, and/or the improvement of services.
- Report all complaints and grievances made by the resident.
- Notify the facility when you will be late or absent from
- Report occupational exposures to blood, body fluids, infectious
materials, and hazardous chemicals to your supervisor. Personal
Nursing Care Functions
- Participate in and receive the nursing report upon reporting
- Follow established policies concerning exposure to blood/body
- Assist residents with daily dental and mouth care (i.e.,
brushing teeth/dentures, oral hygiene, special mouth care,
- Assist residents with bath functions (i.e., bed bath, tub or
shower bath, etc.) as directed.
- Give backrubs as instructed.
- Assist residents with dressing/undressing as necessary.
- Assist residents with hair care functions (i.e., combing,
brushing, shampooing, etc.).
- Assist residents with nail care (i.e., clipping, trimming, and
cleaning the finger/toenails). (Note: Does not include diabetic
- Shave male residents.
- Keep hair on female residents clean shaven (i.e., facial hair,
under arms, on legs, etc.) as instructed.
- Keep residents dry (i.e., change gown, clothing, linen, etc.,
when it becomes wet or soiled).
- Change bed linens. Keep linens tight to avoid wrinkles from
forming under the resident.
- Make beds (occupied and unoccupied).
- Put extra covers on beds as requested.
- Position bedfast residents in correct and comfortable
- Assist resident with bowel and bladder functions (i.e., take to
bathroom, offer bedpan/urinal, portable commode, etc.).
- Maintain intake and output records as instructed.
- Keep incontinent residents clean and dry.
- Check and report bowel movements and character of stools as
- Prepare and give enemas. Report results as instructed.
- Collect specimens as instructed (i.e., urine, sputum, stools,
- Assist residents in preparing for medical tests (i.e., lab
work, x-ray, therapy, dental, etc.).
- Assist residents in preparing for activity and social programs
(i.e., church services, parties, visitors, etc.).
- Assist in transporting residents to/from appointments, activity
and social programs, etc., as necessary.
- Assist with lifting, turning, moving, positioning, and
transporting residents into and out of beds, chairs, bathtubs,
wheelchairs, lifts, etc.
- Assist residents to walk with or without self-help devices as
- Perform restorative and rehabilitative procedures as
- Change dressings, bandages, binders, etc., as instructed.
- Provide eye and ear care (i.e., warm/cold compresses, eye/ear
instillation, cleaning eyeglasses/hearing aides, etc.) as
- Assist with the application of non-sterile (moist and dry)
- Assist in preparing the resident for a physical
- Weigh and measure residents as instructed.
- Measure and record temperatures, pulse, and respirations
(TPRs), as instructed.
- Answer resident calls promptly.
- Ensure that residents who are unable to call for help are
- Check each resident routinely to ensure that his/her personal
care needs are being met in accordance with his/her wishes.
- Assist with the care of the dying resident.
- Provide post-mortem care as instructed.
- Special Nursing Care Functions
- Observe and report the presence of pressure areas and skin
breakdowns to prevent decubitus ulcers (bedsores).
- Report injuries of an unknown source, including skin
- Provide daily indwelling catheter care.
- Provide daily perineal care.
- Perform nonsterile (clean) vaginal irrigation/douches.
- Assist with the application of slings, elastic bandages,
- Give tepid sponge baths.
- Provide daily Range of Motion Exercises. Record data as
- Turn bedfast residents at least every two (2) hours.
- Perform diabetic urine testing (i.e., clinitest, acetest,
- Provide physical and respiratory therapy as instructed.
- Perform special treatments as instructed.
- Observe disoriented and comatose residents. Record and report
data as instructed.
- Turn all medications found in the resident's room/possession
over to the Nurse Supervisor/Charge Nurse.
- Provide residents with Reality Orientation as instructed.
- Watch for and report any change in room temperature,
ventilation, lighting, etc. Food Service Functions
- Prepare residents for meals (i.e., take to bathroom, wash
hands, comb hair, raise bed, position tables, place bibs, take
to/from dining room, etc.).
- Serve food trays. Assist with feeding as indicated (i.e.,
cutting foods, feeding, assist in dining room supervision,
- Assist residents with identifying food arrangements (i.e.,
informing resident with sight problem of foods that are on his/her
tray, where it is located, if it is hot/cold, etc.).
- Record the resident's food/fluid intake. Report changes in the
resident's eating habits.
- Keep residents' water pitchers clean and filled with fresh
water (on each shift), and within easy reach of the resident.
- Serve between meal and bedtime snacks.
- Perform after meal care (i.e., remove trays, clean resident's
hands, face, clothing, take to bathroom, brush teeth, clean
- Check rooms for food articles (i.e., food in proper container,
unauthorized food items, etc.).
- Staff Development
- Attend and participate in scheduled training and educational
classes to maintain current certification as a Nursing
- Attend and participate in scheduled orientation programs and
- Attend and participate in annual OSHA and CDC in-service
training programs for hazard communication, TB management, and
bloodborne pathogens standard.
- Attend and participate in advance directive in-service training
programs as scheduled. Safety and Sanitation
- Participate in appropriate in-service training programs prior
to performing tasks that involve potential exposure to blood/body
- Wash hands before and after performing any service for the
- Keep the nurses' call system within easy reach of the
resident...... click apply for full job details
Keywords: AristaCare Cherry Hill, Cherry Hill , Certified Nurse Assistant (CNA) - Full-Time & Part-Time (with Sign-On, Healthcare , Cherry Hill, New Jersey
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!