Otolaryngology Advanced Practice Provider - Jefferson Cherry Hill NJ & Jefferson Navy Y
Company: Thomas Jefferson University & Jefferson Health
Location: Cherry Hill
Posted on: November 16, 2023
The advanced practice provider (Nurse Practitioner/Physician
Assistant), within the ambulatory and inpatient setting, works in
collaboration with and is an integral member of a multidisciplinary
healthcare team. The APP provides comprehensive care in the
Department of Otolaryngology-HNS outpatient practice at
Jefferson-Cherry Hill (NJ) and Jefferson at the Navy Yard (PA). The
APP will work closely with faculty and nurses within the
The scope of practice will include general otolaryngology in a
successful, full-service, high-volume department.
Assessment & Management
- Provides outpatient medical care with the supervision but not
necessarily the presence of a qualified physician member of the
- Performs complete history & physicals and documents in the
- Orders and collects data using appropriate assessment
techniques, relevant supporting diagnostic information and
diagnostic procedures where indicated. Diagnosis
- Collaborates with interdisciplinary health care team in
diagnosing acute and complex chronic conditions.
- Manages diagnostic tests through ordering, interpretation,
performance, and supervision.
- Formulates differential diagnoses by priority.
- Diagnoses complications and orders appropriate interventions
- Flexible Fiberoptic laryngoscopy
- Nasal Endoscopy
- Non-Surgical control of Epistaxis
- Tracheostomy changes
- Allergy management Plan of Care
- Manages the care plan through evaluation, modification, and
documentation according to the patient s response to therapy.
Manages changes in conditions with a focus on optimizing patient
- Identifies expected outcomes from diagnosis and formulates and
documents a plan of care to address complex acute and chronic
health care needs.
- Utilizes evidenced based practice guidelines and protocols in
an individualized, dynamic plan of care that can be applied across
the continuum. Communication and Collaboration
- Maintains ongoing communication and collaboration with
interdisciplinary health care team.
- Facilitates and communicates with patients, family, and staff
to promote continuity of care across the inpatient and outpatient
continuum of care.
- Serves as an educational resource to the patient/family,
nursing staff, and provider team. Acts as a consultant to
multidisciplinary healthcare team members.
- Maintains CEUs, and membership in a professional
- Ability to work in an inter-professional team setting with
- Master s Degree
- National Board Certification as an Acute Care Nurse
Practitioner or Physician Assistant
- BLS certification Covid Vaccination is a requirement for
employment at Jefferson for employees working at Jefferson s
clinical entities or at the University. If you are not currently
vaccinated you will be required to receive the vaccination prior to
hire date if you are offered employment, unless you request and
receive an approved medical or religious exemption from
Jefferson includes Thomas Jefferson University and Jefferson
Health, a dynamic university and health system with broad reach
across the Delaware Valley. Jefferson is the second largest
employer in Philadelphia and the largest health system in
Philadelphia based on total licensed beds.
Through the merger of Thomas Jefferson University and Philadelphia
University in 2017, our University includes ten colleges and four
schools. We are an NCAA Division II university and an R2 national
doctoral university offering undergraduate and graduate-level
programs that provide students with a forward-thinking education in
architecture, business, design, engineering, fashion and textiles,
health, medicine and social science.
Jefferson Health, the clinical arm of Thomas Jefferson University,
has grown from a three-hospital academic health center in 2015, to
an 18-hospital health system through mergers and combinations that
include hospitals at Abington Health, Aria Health, Kennedy Health,
Magee Rehabilitation and Einstein Healthcare Network. We have over
50 outpatient and urgent care centers; ten Magnet -designated
hospitals (recognized by the ANCC for nursing excellence); the
NCI-designated Sidney Kimmel Cancer Center (one of only 70 in the
country and one of only two in the region); and one of the largest
faculty-based telehealth networks in the country. In 2021,
Jefferson Health became the sole owner of HealthPartners Plan, a
not-for-profit health maintenance organization in Southeastern
Pennsylvania. We are the first health system regionally to create
an aligned payer-provider partnership.
Jefferson s mission, vision and values create an organization that
attracts the best and the brightest students, faculty, staff, and
healthcare professionals, as well as the most visionary leaders to
drive exceptional results.
- OUR MISSION: We improve lives.
- OUR VISION: Reimagining health, education and discovery to
create unparalleled value
- OUR VALUES: Put People First, Be Bold & Think Differently and
Do the Right Thing As an employer, Jefferson maintains a commitment
to provide equal access to employment. Jefferson values diversity
and encourages applications from women, members of minority groups,
LGBTQ individuals, disabled individuals, and veterans.
Keywords: Thomas Jefferson University & Jefferson Health, Cherry Hill , Otolaryngology Advanced Practice Provider - Jefferson Cherry Hill NJ & Jefferson Navy Y , Healthcare , Cherry Hill, New Jersey
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!