Licensed Practical Nurses (LPN)
Company: SNF Healthcare
Location: Cherry Hill
Posted on: January 22, 2023
SNF Healthcare - Purpose of Your Job Position
The primary purpose of your position is to provide direct nursing
care to the residents, and to supervise the day-to-day nursing
activities performed by CNAs/GNAs and other nursing personnel. To
monitor the performance of CNAs/GNAs, nursing and non-licensed
personnel, provide education and counseling, perform disciplinary
action as necessary, and complete performance evaluations. Such
supervision must be in accordance with current federal, state, and
local standards, guidelines, and regulations that govern our
Center, and as may be required by the Director of Nursing Services
or Nurse Supervisor to ensure that the highest degree of quality
care is maintained at all times.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Direct the day-to-day functions of the CNAs/GNAs or other
nursing personnel in accordance with current rules, regulations,
and guidelines that govern the long-term care Center.
- Ensure that all assigned nursing personnel including CNAs/GNAs
comply with the written policies and procedures established by this
- Periodically review the department's policies, procedure
manuals, job descriptions, etc. Make recommendations for
- Provide discipline and evaluations of assigned CNAs/GNAs and
other nursing personnel in accordance with current rules,
regulations, and guidelines that govern the Center.
- Issue verbal and written disciplinary warnings to assigned
CNAs/GNAs and other nursing personnel for violations of current
rules, regulations, and guidelines of the Center.
- Meet with your assigned nursing personnel, including CNAs/GNAs,
as well as support personnel, in planning the shifts' services,
programs, and activities.
- Ensure that the Nursing Service Procedures Manual is current
and reflects the day-to-day nursing procedures performed in this
- Ensure that all nursing service personnel comply with the
procedures set forth in the Nursing Service Procedures
- Make written and oral reports/recommendations concerning the
activities of your shift, as required.
- Cooperate with other resident services when coordinating
nursing services to ensure that the resident's total regimen of
care is maintained.
- Ensure that all nursing service personnel are in compliance
with their respective job descriptions.
- Participate in the maintenance and implementation of the
Center's quality assurance program for the nursing service
- Participate in Center surveys or inspections made by authorized
government agencies, as may be requested.
- Periodically review the resident's written discharge plan.
Participate in the updating of the resident's written discharge
plan, as required.
- Assist in planning the nursing services portion of the
resident's discharge plan, as necessary.
- Interpret the department's policies and procedures to
personnel, residents, visitors, and government agencies, as
- Admit, transfer, and discharge residents, as required.
- Complete accident/incident reports, as necessary.
- Provide information to the Billing Office as necessary to
insure accurate resident billing.
- Perform administrative duties such as completing medical forms,
reports, evaluations, studies, charting, etc., as necessary.
Must possess, at a minimum, a Nursing Degree from an accredited
college or university, or graduate from an approved LPN/RN
Not applicable. On-the-job training provided.
- Must possess a current, unencumbered, active license to
practice as an RN or LPN in this state.
- Must be able to read, write, speak, and understand the English
- Must demonstrate knowledge and skills necessary to provide care
appropriate to the age-related needs of the residents
- Must be a supportive team member, contribute to and be an
example of teamwork and team concept.
- Must possess the ability to make independent decisions when
circumstances warrant such action.
- Must possess the ability to deal tactfully with personnel,
residents, family members, visitors, government agencies/personnel,
and the general public.
- Must be knowledgeable of nursing and medical practices and
procedures, as well as laws, regulations, and guidelines that
pertain to nursing care facilities.
- Must possess leadership and supervisory ability and the
willingness to work harmoniously with and supervise other
- Must be able to evaluate the performance, initiate disciplinary
actions, and prepare and complete performance evaluations for
- Must possess the ability to plan, organize, develop, implement,
and interpret the programs, goals, objectives, policies and
procedures that are necessary for providing quality care.
- Must have patience, tact, a cheerful disposition and
enthusiasm, as well as the willingness to handle difficult
- Must be willing to seek out new methods and principles and be
willing to incorporate them into existing nursing
- Must be able to relate information concerning a resident's
- Must not pose a direct threat to the health or safety of other
individuals in the workplace.
- Must possess basic computer knowledge.
Keywords: SNF Healthcare, Cherry Hill , Licensed Practical Nurses (LPN), Healthcare , Cherry Hill, New Jersey
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!