Company: United Surgical Partners International
Location: Cherry Hill
Posted on: November 17, 2022
Under the direction of the Business Office Manager, is responsible
for daily maintenance of the surgery schedule and all aspects of
the scheduling and insurance verification process. This includes
strategizing and problem solving and ensuring high levels of
customer service with scheduling coordinators from all doctors''
offices and Operating Room Staff.
Successful candidate will possess outstanding leadership,
communication and customer service skills as well as the ability to
diffuse difficult scheduling conflicts efficiently with strategy.
The successful candidate should be able to demonstrate previous
successful/positive customer service encounters or programs.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Sets priorities and organizes work with attention to detail
* Schedules patient procedures to ensure efficient and accurate
processing of information.
* Coordinates with anesthesia groups to confirm scheduling for
* Accurately uses procedure codes to ensure proper billing.
* Upon verification of insurance, communicates any patient
responsibility to patient, prior to procedure.
* Verifies information being entered into system is correct, i.e.
spelling of name, DOB, gender, insurance information, etc.
* Ensuring all necessary paper work for any patient -add on'' is
received by the appropriate staff.
* Communicates changes to schedule to appropriate staff
* Ensures all required fields in Advantx are completed
* Works closely with OR Staff and Materials Management to avoid
equipment or supply conflicts.
* Alerts administration when new doctors or procedures are
* Completes consents and ensures accuracy before submitting to the
* Promote positive relationships with scheduling coordinators,
physicians and nursing staff members throughout the scheduling
* Cross trains with other areas.
* Other duties as assigned.
Our competitive salary and benefits package includes medical and
dental insurance, 401(k), paid time off and life insurance.
EDUCATION, TRAINING AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
* Minimum 2-4 years of hospital or medical office experience
required, Ambulatory Surgery setting Preferred.
* Must be able to communicate verbally and non-verbally in a
* Ability to use time wisely in preparing work area to meet
* Show a genuine desire to work together with the team.
* Professional appearance.
* Strong medical terminology.
* Must demonstrate excellent phone etiquette and exceptional
customer service skills.
Employment practices will not be influenced or affected by an
applicant's or employee's race, color, religion, sex (including
pregnancy), national origin, age, disability, genetic information,
sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status
or any other legally protected status. Tenet will make reasonable
accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities unless
doing so would result in an undue hardship.
Tenet participates in the E-Verify program. Follow the link below
for additional information.
Keywords: United Surgical Partners International, Cherry Hill , Surgery Scheduler, Healthcare , Cherry Hill, New Jersey
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!