Registered Nurse Ambulatory, Full Time - Gastroenterology - Cherry Hill, NJ
Company: Thomas Jefferson University & Jefferson Health
Location: Cherry Hill
Posted on: June 25, 2022
Responsible for coordinating care for a group of patients for a
designated period to achieve clinical, financial, and
organizational outcomes. Provides direct patient care and education
based on the nursing process; mentors and manages others to promote
quality and excellence of care, supports physicians with clinical
and laboratory procedures. Works collaboratively with, and provides
leadership for, a multidisciplinary health care team to optimize
team performance and patient outcomes. Promotes improvement in the
practice, processes, and systems to benefit patient care and
achieve practice and organizational goals. Incorporates and
operationalizes goals and objectives of department at the site of
patient care. Decision making within the scope of nursing care and
- Assesses and documents patient's weight, height, and vital
- Updates patient's record at each visit with medications,
immunizations, medical or surgical procedures.
- Assesses patient's health literacy, providing patient support
with intake questionnaires and completion of requisite medical
record information, e.g. obtaining and maintaining current and
accurate histories. Prepares patients for examination.
- Assists with procedures, specimen collection, and testing as
- Administers injections as directed by the physician.
- Reviews prescription renewal requests and responds to patient
prescription questions. Telephones in prescription renewals or
orders as directed or requested by the physician.
- Provides patient education
- Knowledge of all medical procedures performed in the
- Educate patients concerning testing procedures and
- Manages intake of all patient telephone calls into the
department for prescription requests or inquiries and medical
- Retrieves patient phone messages, manages and resolves phone
messages for physicians, if possible, and documents the patient's
call and the department's response in patient chart. Triage patient
telephone calls to identify issues that require physician
- Performs pre-certification of prescription medications.
- Communicates with pharmacists regarding prescriptions and
renewals as directed by physicians
- Communicates with patients, families and other health care
- Calls patient with test results, as directed by the
- Facilitates the department's completion of patients' forms from
such outside sources as disability, workers compensation, etc.
- Act as a liaison between patient, families, MD, social work,
and fellows/residents as needed.
- Develops and updates clinical policies within the outpatient
- Interacts with co-workers, visitors, and other staff consistent
with the core values of the University.
Three years of experience as a registered nurse.
Registered Nurse in the State of New Jersey, BSN
Current AHA BLS certification
Conditions of Employment
Covid Vaccination is a requirement for employment at Jefferson for
employees working at Jefferson's clinical entities or at the
University. If you are not currently vaccinated you will be
required to receive the vaccination prior to hire date if you are
offered employment, unless you request and receive an approved
medical or religious exemption from Jefferson.
Jefferson includes Thomas Jefferson University and Jefferson
Health, a dynamic university and health system with broad reach
across the Delaware Valley. Jefferson is the second largest
employer in Philadelphia and the largest health system in
Philadelphia based on total licensed beds.
Through the merger of Thomas Jefferson University and Philadelphia
University in 2017, our University includes ten colleges and four
schools. We are an NCAA Division II university and an R2 national
doctoral university offering undergraduate and graduate-level
programs that provide students with a forward-thinking education in
architecture, business, design, engineering, fashion and textiles,
health, medicine and social science.
Jefferson Health, the clinical arm of Thomas Jefferson University,
has grown from a three-hospital academic health center in 2015, to
an 18-hospital health system through mergers and combinations that
include hospitals at Abington Health, Aria Health, Kennedy Health,
Magee Rehabilitation and Einstein Healthcare Network. We have over
50 outpatient and urgent care centers; ten Magnet --designated
hospitals (recognized by the ANCC for nursing excellence); the
NCI-designated Sidney Kimmel Cancer Center (one of only 70 in the
country and one of only two in the region); and one of the largest
faculty-based telehealth networks in the country. In 2021,
Jefferson Health became the sole owner of HealthPartners Plan, a
not-for-profit health maintenance organization in Southeastern
Pennsylvania. We are the first health system regionally to create
an aligned payer-provider partnership.
Jefferson's mission, vision and values create an organization that
attracts the best and the brightest students, faculty, staff, and
healthcare professionals, as well as the most visionary leaders to
drive exceptional results.
- OUR MISSION: We improve lives.
- OUR VISION: Reimagining health, education and discovery to
create unparalleled value
- OUR VALUES: Put People First, Be Bold & Think Differently and
Do the Right Thing
As an employer, Jefferson maintains a commitment to provide equal
access to employment. Jefferson values diversity and encourages
applications from women, members of minority groups, LGBTQ
individuals, disabled individuals, and veterans.
Par Reference Code
Keywords: Thomas Jefferson University & Jefferson Health, Cherry Hill , Registered Nurse Ambulatory, Full Time - Gastroenterology - Cherry Hill, NJ, Healthcare , Cherry Hill, New Jersey
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!