Head, Clinical Trial Associates (remote)
Company: Takeda Pharmaceutical
Location: Cherry Hill
Posted on: May 13, 2022
By clicking the "Apply" button, I understand that my employment
application process with Takeda will commence and that the
information I provide in my application will be processed in line
with Takeda's and . I further attest that all information I submit
in my employment application is true to the best of my
knowledge.Job DescriptionAre you looking for a patient-focused,
innovation-driven company to inspire you and empower you to shine?
Join us as a Head, Clinical Trial Associates in Cambridge, MA or
remotely reporting to the Head of Global Clinical Operations.At
Takeda, we are transforming the pharmaceutical industry through our
R&D-driven market leadership and being a values-led company. To
do this, we empower our people to accomplish their potential
through life-changing work. Certified as a Global Top Employer, we
offer stimulating careers, and work toward excellence in everything
we do. We foster an inclusive, collaborative workplace, in which
our global teams are united by an unwavering commitment to provide
Better Health and a Brighter Future to people around the
world.Here, you will be an important contributor to our inspiring,
- Support clinical operations strategy, execution and management
of global clinical programs by overseeing professional development,
resourcing, training and allocation of Clinical Trial Associates
(CTAs) across studies.
- Manage direct line of Clinical Trial Associate Managers.
- Oversee Clinical Trial Associate allocation across portfolio to
achieve GDO goals.
- Oversee the execution of studies in a matrix management
structure to ensure compliance with quality standards (including
ICH GCP, local regulations and Takeda SOPs).ACCOUNTABILITIES:
- Provide guidance of Clinical Trial Associate Managers in
managing CTAs, including hiring/staff selection and assignment of
individual studies, resource allocation, onboarding, completion of
goals, development plans, performance reviews, and Talent
- Overseeing Clinical Trial Associate Managers and CTAs according
to needs of Clinical Operations Managers and Clinical Operations
Program Leads to ensure execution of assigned studies.
- Ensure appropriate training programs for CTAs to bring
operational consistency and support to operational teams.
- Create a pipeline for CTA talent with a clear career path and
options to progress to Clinical Trial Associate Manager roles or
other roles within Clinical Operations (e.g., COMs).
- Establish sources of Clinical Operations talent and new
recruiting mechanisms to support pipeline of CTAs.
- Ensure compliance of assigned staff to training of quality
standards (including Takeda SOPs, ICH GCP, and local regulations)
and inspection readiness in execution of Takeda studies and
- Mentor Clinical Trial Associate Managers and oversee coaching
of new hires in navigating career progression options within
- Oversee Clinical Operations functional level resource
evaluations for study and program management (in collaboration with
therapeutic area leads, COPLs and COM Head) to ensure resources are
available for delivering clinical programs.
- Maintain a positive work environment, building partnerships and
modeling teamwork, communicating to the teams and partners in an
open, balanced and objective manner.
- Lead Clinical Operations projects (including lessons learned
process) to develop processes and technologies to improve
operations and reduce operating costs.EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor's Degree or international equivalent required.
- 15+ years experience in the pharmaceutical industry or clinical
research organization, including 12+ years in clinical study
- 6+ years of line management experience, including management of
senior staff with responsibility to therapeutic area development
teams (matrix organization) and management of staff across multiple
- Experience in people leadership, managing global teams and
coordinating collaboration with internal partners.
- Global/international experience required, including ability to
collaborate with team members in other locations.
- Operational experience in pharmaceutical drug development with
direct exposure to clinical development.TRAVEL REQUIREMENTS:
- Requires approximately 20% travel, including overnight and
international travel to other Takeda sites, strategic partners, and
therapeutic area required travel.WHAT TAKEDA CAN OFFER YOU:
- 401(k) with company match and Annual Retirement Contribution
- Tuition reimbursement Company match of charitable
- Health & Wellness programs including onsite flu shots and
- Generous time off for vacation and the option to purchase
additional vacation days.
- Community Outreach Programs.Location and Salary Information:
- This job posting excludes CO applicants.Empowering Our People
to ShineDiscover more at takedajobs.comNo Phone Calls or Recruiters
Please.EEO StatementTakeda is proud in its commitment to creating a
diverse workforce and providing equal employment opportunities to
all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race,
color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender
expression, parental status, national origin, age, disability,
citizenship status, genetic information or characteristics, marital
status, status as a Vietnam era veteran, special disabled veteran,
or other protected veteran in accordance with applicable federal,
state and local laws, and any other characteristic protected by
law.LocationsMassachusetts - VirtualWorker TypeEmployeeWorker
Sub-TypeRegularTime TypeFull time
Keywords: Takeda Pharmaceutical, Cherry Hill , Head, Clinical Trial Associates (remote), Healthcare , Cherry Hill, New Jersey
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!