Advanced Practice Provider - Physician Assistant - General Surgery - Jefferson New Jersey
Company: Thomas Jefferson University and Jefferson Health
Location: Cherry Hill
Posted on: May 13, 2022
Full Time Rotating Shift and Night Shift available 7a-7p,
The Physician Assistant RNFA within the surgical hospital setting
works in collaboration with, and is an integral member of, a
multidisciplinary health care team. The Physician Assistant RNFA
provides comprehensive care as an inpatient provider within
surgical services at Jefferson Health New Jersey's three (3)
hospital campuses (Cherry Hill, Stratford, and Washington
Jefferson Health New Jersey is offering this exciting possibility
to join its expanding Physician Assistant RNFA Surgical Services
team. This is a career advancing opportunity to work alongside a
distinguished group of surgeons (general & bariatric, colorectal,
breast, vascular, gynecology, oncology, thoracic, neurosciences,
- Rounding on surgery patients and providing pre, peri and post
- Collaborating with fellows and attending surgeons across
multiple surgical subspecialties. Strong communication skills
- Providing attentive detail to the ongoing and changing needs of
the complex surgical adult patient.
- Ordering and collecting data, and using appropriate assessment
techniques to update patient's plan of care as necessary.
- Caring for a complex adult surgical population including but
not limited to general & bariatric, colorectal, breast, vascular,
gynecology oncology, thoracic, and neurosciences.
- First assist responsibilities in the operating room.
- Independently performing bedside procedures, including, but not
limited to, central line, arterial line and midline catheter
insertion, NG feeding tube insertion, chest tube insertion,
intubation and bronchoscopy.
- Aiding in adhering to best practices and helping to provide for
the smooth transition of patients throughout their pre, peri and
post op course of stay.
- Educating patients and families throughout hospital stay and
discharging in a timely manner.
- Assisting with data collection, research projects and quality
Shift work that includes 24 hour coverage (weekend/holiday
requirements), rotating across Jefferson New Jersey's three (3)
hospital campuses (Cherry Hill, NJ, Stratford, NJ, and Washington
Twp., NJ); various shifts available. Shifts are generally 7am-7pm
Keywords: Thomas Jefferson University and Jefferson Health, Cherry Hill , Advanced Practice Provider - Physician Assistant - General Surgery - Jefferson New Jersey, Healthcare , Cherry Hill, New Jersey
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!