Ophthalmic Technician / Medical Assistant
Company: Mid Atlantic Retina
Location: Cherry Hill
Posted on: May 6, 2022
Job DescriptionThis position is eligible for Mid Atlantic
Retina's $1,000 Hiring Incentive! The hired candidate will receive
$500 after successful completion of 90 days of employment and $500
after successful completion of 6 months of employment! Available to
new hires only- not available to agency hires, internal transfers,
or re-hires.Mid Atlantic Retina New Hires will be required to send
Human Resources proof that they have received both Covid-19
vaccination doses (except for the one shot Johnson & Johnson
vaccine). Job Type: Full TimeSign On Bonus Eligible:
- High school diploma or GED
- 1 year health care experience or equivalent medical training
desired (but not required)
- Desire to work with patientsFull Job DescriptionMid Atlantic
Retina is one of the largest retina practices in the area, offering
bonuses, top pay and growth opportunities for employees to not just
work a job, but build a career. As an ophthalmic technician, you
will take patient histories in the EMR system, do vision exams,
prep patients for injections, administer drops, perform a variety
of imaging tests, complete charting, scribing and other
- 401(k) & Profit Sharing
- Health Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Short & Long Term Disability
- Paid Time Off
- BonusesPhysical & Cognitive Demands
- The employee is regularly required to talk, communicate
verbally in front of groups, one to one and over the telephone and
- This position is very active and requires standing and walking
all day in order to get patients and bring them to rooms, assist
physicians and rotate assignments with other staff.
- Occasional bending, kneeling, stooping and crouching.
- Lift or move objects weighing over 20 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close
vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth
perception and ability to adjust focus. Working environment in exam
rooms is often in moderate light.
- Using hands to operate equipment, show manual or finger
dexterity, handle things with precision or speed, use muscular
coordination and physical stamina. Ability to raise dominant arm
above shoulder height to administer drops.
- Use senses to observe and examine patients, paying attention to
- Works with data and numbers, calculating and manipulating
numbers, processing data on a computer, attending to details,
classifying and recording, storing and retrieving information.
- Following through on plans or instructions.
- Using words to communicate ideas, reading with comprehension,
writing reports or other documentation, teaching or training
- Sustain physical contact with another person in order to guide
them due to diminished vision.
Job Posted by ApplicantPro
Keywords: Mid Atlantic Retina, Cherry Hill , Ophthalmic Technician / Medical Assistant, Healthcare , Cherry Hill, New Jersey
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!