ShopRite - Pharmacy Technician
Company: ShopRite Markets
Location: Cherry Hill
Posted on: May 3, 2021
Job Description We are living our Purpose - To Care Deeply about
People, Helping them to Eat Well and Be Happy. This Purpose guides
everything we do and is why we are in business. We are using our
service priorities - Safety, Friendliness, Presentation, and
Efficiency to help us make decisions at work every day and are
critical to the success of our business goals. Job Summary: To
deliver a great customer experience while assisting the Pharmacist
in providing medication and other healthcare products to
patients/customers accurately and with the highest level of
customer care. Minimum Required Qualifications: The minimum
required qualifications for this position include, but are not
limited to, the following:
- Must be 18 years of age or older.
- Must maintain proper state licensing or certifications.
- Ability to proficiently read, write, speak, analyze, interpret,
and understand the English language.
- Ability to perform mathematical functions, including ability to
add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using
whole numbers, common fractions and decimals.
- Ability to stand/walk for the duration of a scheduled
- Ability to fill prescriptions by possessing necessary
- Ability to identify and distinguish colors, shapes, and
- Ability to stand, bend, twist, reach, push, pull and regularly
lift 25 lbs., and occasionally lift 50 lbs.
- Ability to work in varying temperatures.
- Ability to tolerate dust and chemical agents during routine
- Ability to interact with Customers in a friendly and helpful
- Ability to work cooperatively with others.
- Ability to work all assigned work schedules and comply with all
time and attendance policies.
- Ability to proficiently use all required computer hardware and
- Must preserve confidentiality of information.
- Must comply with all company policies and procedures. Essential
Job Functions: Performance of the essential functions of this
position require the Associate to possess the minimum
qualifications listed above. These functions include, but are not
limited to, the following:
- Greet all Customers and provide them with prompt, courteous
service and assistance.
- Accurately and quickly collect proper payment and provide
- Collect and input a patient's information for processing a
- Assist the Pharmacist in processing a prescription, counting
and labeling a prescription.
- Organize and stock pharmaceuticals as directed by
- Help customers locate over-the-counter stock.
- Be knowledgeable of products carried in the department.
- Maintain appropriate security of Pharmacy Department.
- Interact with physicians and utilize reference material to gain
information on Customers and prescriptions and to resolve any
issues that arise.
- Maintain a clean, neat, organized and safe work
- Clean and sanitize all work surfaces, utensils and equipment in
accordance with Department of Sanitation and QA standards.
- Keep floor clear of debris and spills.
- Comply with State and Federal drug laws as regulated by the
state Board of Pharmacy, HIPAA, the Drug Enforcement Agency and the
Food and Drug Administration.
- Exhibit the utmost professionalism and confidentiality when
dealing with patients and their health information.
- Regularly lift, pull, push and rotate merchandise that weights
25 lbs. and that occasionally weights up to 50 lbs.
- Stand at work station for duration of scheduled shift, which
may exceed 8 hours per day.
- Check prices and be knowledgeable about location of items in
- Promote for sale any current charitable promotions to
- Understand and adhere to Company shrink guidelines as relates
to departmental operations.
- Perform duties in accordance with the Company's HAZCOM program
and adhere to manufacturer's label instructions for the safe and
proper use of all chemical products.
- Perform all duties in accordance with Local, State and Federal
regulations as they pertain to the Pharmacy operation.
- Perform all duties in accordance with Company rules, policies,
safety requirements, and security standards and all Local, State
and Federal health and civil code regulations.
- Utilize and maintain equipment as required by department;
report any equipment problems immediately.
- Complete all applicable department training programs.
- Perform all duties in accordance with all ShopRite Service
Priorities (Safety, Friendliness, Presentation, and
- Maintain punctual and regular attendance.
- Work overtime as assigned.
- Work cooperatively with others.
- Perform other duties as assigned. Important Disclaimer Notice:
The above statements are only intended to represent the essential
job functions and general nature of the work being performed and
are not exhaustive of the tasks that an Associate may be required
to perform. The employer reserves the right to revise this job
description at any time and to require Associates to perform other
tasks as circumstances or conditions of its business, competitive
considerations, or the work environment change. This job
description is not a guarantee of employment.
Keywords: ShopRite Markets, Cherry Hill , ShopRite - Pharmacy Technician, Healthcare , Cherry Hill, New Jersey
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!