Registered Nurse (RN)
Company: AristaCare at Cherry Hill
Location: Cherry Hill
Posted on: February 24, 2021
Duties and Responsibilities
- Assist the Director of Nursing Services in directing the
day-to-day functions of the nursing activities in accordance with
current rules, regulations, and guidelines that govern the
long-term care facility.
- Participate in developing, maintaining, and updating written
policies and procedures that govern the day-to-day functions of the
nursing service department.
- Ensure that reference material (i.e., PDR'S, Federal and State
Regulations, etc.) maintained at the nurses' stations is current.
Recommend written material that will assist the nursing service
department in meeting the day-to-day needs of the resident.
- Ensure that the Nursing Service Procedures Manual is current
and reflects the day to day nursing procedures performed in this
- Ensure that all nursing service personnel comply with the
procedures set forth in the Nursing Service Procedures Manual.
- Make written and oral reports/recommendations to the Director
as necessary/required, concerning the operation of the nursing
- Periodically review the department's policies, procedure
manuals, job descriptions, etc. Make recommendations for revisions
to the Director.
- Assist in developing methods for coordinating nursing services
with other resident services to ensure the continuity of the
residents' total regimen of care.
- Ensure that all nursing service personnel are in compliance
with their respective job descriptions.
- Participate in the development, maintenance and implementation
of the facility's quality assurance program for the nursing service
- Participate in facility surveys (inspections) made by
authorized government agencies as requested by the Administrator or
Director of Nursing Services.
- Periodically review the resident's written discharge plan.
Participate in the updating of the resident's written discharge
plan as required.
- Assist the Director in planning the nursing services portion of
the resident's discharge plan as necessary.
- Meet with the nursing staff, as well as support personnel, in
planning the department's services, programs, and activities.
- Admit, transfer, and discharge residents as required.
- Complete accident/incident reports as necessary.
- Interpret the department's policies and procedures to
personnel, residents, visitors, and government agencies as
- Perform administrative duties such as completing medical forms,
reports, evaluations, studies, charting, etc., as
- Attend various committee meetings of the facility (i.e.,
Infection Control, Policy Advisory, Pharmaceutical, Quality
Assessment, etc.) as required.
- Assist in preparing written and/or oral reports of the nursing
service programs and activities to submit to such committee(s) as
- Provide information to the Quality Assurance and Assessment
Committee as requested.
- Participate in developing the agenda for the Care Plan
Committee meetings as necessary.
- Participate in regularly scheduled reviews of the discharge
plans and make such plans available to the Care Plan Committee as
required or as may be necessary.
- Implement recommendations from established committees as
instructed by the Director.
- Knowledgeable in data collection, data analysis methodology,
and performance improvement methods needed to support and lead
performance improvement projects
- Collaborate with the quality committee and senior leaders to
prioritize and develop QAPI efforts
- Lead performance improvement projects and provide education and
coaching in order to build needed skills in others to lead
- Participate in multidisciplinary QAPI activities
- Knowledge of current Performance Improvement
- Ensure that a sufficient number of licensed practical and/or
registered nurses are available for your tour of duty to ensure
that quality care is maintained.
- Ensure that a sufficient number of certified nursing assistants
are available for your tour of duty to ensure that routine nursing
care is provided to meet the daily nursing care needs of each
- Develop work assignments, and/or assist in completing and
performing such tasks.
- Delegate to each Charge Nurse the administrative authority,
responsibility, and accountability necessary to perform his/her
- Ensure that all nursing assistants are enrolled in or have
graduated from an approved nursing assistant training program.
- Ensure that all nurse aide trainees are under the direct
supervision of a licensed nurse.
- Make daily rounds of the nursing service department to ensure
that all nursing service personnel are performing their work
assignments in accordance with acceptable nursing standards. Report
findings to the Director.
- Monitor absenteeism to ensure that an adequate number of
nursing care personnel are on duty at all times. Report problem
areas to the Director.
- Ensure that established policies and procedures, including
dress codes, are followed by all departmental personnel.
- Review complaints and grievances made or filed by department
personnel. Make appropriate reports to the Director as required or
as may be necessary.
- Develop and maintain a good working rapport with
inter-department personnel, as well as other departments within the
facility to ensure that nursing services and activities can be
adequately maintained to meet the needs of the residents.
- Create and maintain an atmosphere of warmth, personal interest
and positive emphasis, as well as a calm environment throughout the
unit and shift.
- Meet with your shift on a regularly scheduled basis to assist
in identifying and correcting problem areas and/or to assist in the
improvement of services.
- Review and evaluate your department's work force and make
recommendations to the Director.
- Participate in employee performance evaluations, determining
your shift's staffing requirements, and making recommendations to
the Director concerning employee dismissals, transfers, etc.
- Ensure that departmental disciplinary action is administered
fairly and without regard to race, color, creed, national origin,
age, sex, religion, handicap, or marital status.
- Report occupational exposures to blood, body fluids, infectious
materials, and hazardous chemicals in accordance with the
facility's policies and procedures governing accidents and
incidents.Nursing Care Functions
Keywords: AristaCare at Cherry Hill, Cherry Hill , Registered Nurse (RN), Healthcare , Cherry Hill, New Jersey
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!