Medical Case Manager (RN)
Company: CorVel Healthcare Corporation
Location: Cherry Hill
Posted on: January 7, 2021
CorVel Corporation is hiring a caring, self-motivated, energetic
and independent registered nurse to fill a Medical Case Manager
position in Cherry Hill, NJ. Travel Central New Jersey through
South-South Jersey.Work from home, and on the road. Monday -
Friday, regular business hours.As a Medical Case Manager you will
make a meaningful difference in the lives of injured workers and
their families. Your responsibilities include working closely with
injured workers to facilitate their recovery. You will work
collaboratively with the patient, their family, medical providers,
members of our team, and others. This is a heavy local travel role
responsible for working with a caseload of workers compensation
injured workers within a defined jurisdiction.About CorVelCorVel is
a national provider of industry-leading risk management solutions
for the workers' compensation, auto, health and disability
management industries. CorVel was founded in 1987 and has been
publically traded on the NASDAQ stock exchange since 1991. Our
continual investment in human capital and technology enable us to
deliver the most innovative and integrated solutions to our
clients. We are a stable and growing company with a strong,
supportive culture and plenty of career advancement opportunities.
Over 3500 people working across the United States embrace our core
values of Accountability, Commitment, Excellence, Integrity and
Teamwork (ACE-IT!).A comprehensive benefits package is available
for full-time employees and includes medical, dental, vision, 401K,
and paid time off. In addition, Medical Case Managers are eligible
for bonus and will be provided state-of-the-art technological
devices to ensure ready access to CorVel's proprietary Case
Management application, enabling staff to retrieve documents on the
go and log activities as they occur.ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND
- Provides Medical Case Management to individuals through in
person and telephonic communications with the patient, physician,
other health care providers, employer and others.
- Utilizes their medical and nursing knowledge to discuss the
current treatment plan with the physician and discuss alternate
- Evaluates patient's treatment plan for appropriateness, medical
necessity, and cost effectiveness.
- Provides assessment, planning, implementation and evaluation of
- Attends doctors, other providers, home and in some cases,
- Attends hospital and/or long-term facility discharge planning
conferences, et cetera for the purpose of determining
appropriateness of care and developing an effective long-term care
strategy. Initial home visit for initial evaluation.
- Implements care such as negotiation the delivery of durable
medical equipment and nursing services.KNOWLEDGE & EXPERIENCE:
- Effective communication and multi-tasking skills in a
high-volume, fast-paced, team-oriented environment.
- Experience as a RN, Medical Case Manager is ideal, or a
clinical background in orthopedics, neurology, or rehabilitation is
- Ability to meet with the patient, their physicians, other
healthcare providers, attorneys, and advisors/clients and
- A cost containment background, such as utilization review or
managed care is helpful.
- Strong interpersonal, time management and organizational
- Computer proficiency and technical aptitude with the ability to
utilize MS Office including Excel spreadsheets.
- Ability to work both independently and within a team
- Graduate of accredited school of nursing.
- Current RN Licensure in state of operation.
- Certification as a CCM, CIRS, or other Case Management
certifications are preferred.
- This position requires local, distance or otherwise regular
travel via vehicle. A valid driver's license, reliable
transportation, and ability to travel to assigned locations is
- New Jersey Registered Professional Nurse active unencumbered
required, multi- east coast states licenses preferred
Keywords: CorVel Healthcare Corporation, Cherry Hill , Medical Case Manager (RN), Healthcare , Cherry Hill, New Jersey
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!