Construction Project Manager - Atria Redevelopment Division
Company: Atria Senior Living
Location: Cherry Hill
Posted on: November 7, 2019
OverviewWhat's the difference between a job and a meaningful,
rewarding career? The people you serve. When you work at Atria, you
have a front-row seat to the amazing life stories of the wisest
people on earth. What's more, you are part of an extraordinary
company - one that's investing in the future of senior living by
investing in you. Don't just do a job. Be part of an extraordinary
Atria Senior Living is a leading operator of independent living,
assisted living, supportive living, and memory care communities in
more than 225 locations in 27 states and seven Canadian provinces.
We create vibrant communities where older adults can thrive and
participate, know that their contributions are valued, and enjoy
access to opportunities and support that help them continue making
a difference in our world.
Atria is an equal opportunity employer committed to providing equal
employment opportunities without regard to race, color, religion,
sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, age, national
origin, disability, genetic information, veteran status, or any
other classification protected by applicable law. Atria will not
tolerate harassment or discrimination based on any of these
protected classifications.ResponsibilitiesThe primary function of
the Construction Project Manager is to act as the representative of
Atria Senior Living Group in the management of planning, design,
budget control, and construction of new construction,
redevelopment, renovation or major plant maintenance projects.
- Prior to Construction
- Manage the design phases of the assigned projects, in
conjunction with the Development Planning Director, if assigned, to
- The Architectural and Engineering(A/E) team has incorporated
all of Atria Senior Living requirements and standards.
- The final construction drawings, specifications and other
project documents are reviewed for completeness, constructability
and for coordination to ensure that the bid packages for the work
will be complete and representative of the project scope and final
- Prepare construction budget based on concept design and
schematic design plans and descriptions. Maintain budget during
development of construction documents.
- Collaborate all pre-construction services to prepare, review,
monitor information and reports related to all costs involved of
assigned projects and advise promptly of all cost
- Inspect facilities and determine repairs that need to be made
and estimate costs.
- Supervise preparation of construction bid documents, bidding
process and evaluate multiple bids for accuracy and
- Review and coordinate construction contracts for completeness
prior to execution
- During Construction
- Plan and schedule construction activities to provide for
orderly and expeditious completion of projects with minimum
disruption to everyday living activities at Atria communities being
- Ensure project site and company assets are secure and maintain
a safe and respectful working environment at all times by
implementing safety (OSHA), risk management and training.
- Ensure compliance with specifications, contracts and work
orders through site inspections and other techniques and, approve
payments for work satisfactorily performed.
- Prepare status reports on progress of assigned projects during
the construction process.
- Approve contractor's payment requests.
- Review change orders and work orders presented by consultants
- Approve changes to work under construction due to unforeseen
- Track budgets and schedules to assure on time and on budget
- Make decisions regarding approval of construction schedules,
techniques necessary to ensure contractor's conformity with
contract terms and specification.
- Confirm all required paperwork from contractors and consultants
is completed at appropriate project milestones before and during
- Schedule all mandatory, periodic planning, progress, and close
out meeting with project staff, consultants, contractors and Atria
- May perform other duties as needed and/or assigned.
- Bachelor's degree; Architectural, Construction Management,
Engineering degree preferred.
- 10 years' experience in the management of construction projects
valued in access of $5MM.
Keywords: Atria Senior Living, Cherry Hill , Construction Project Manager - Atria Redevelopment Division, Executive , Cherry Hill, New Jersey
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!