Field Medical Director, US Medical Affairs, CAR T (Cherry Hill,NJ)
Location: Cherry Hill
Posted on: May 15, 2019
Location: Offsite, New Jersey, United States
Job Category: Medical
Work Location: OFFSITE
Organization: Medical Affairs
Employee Status: Full-time
Job Type: Regular
The Field Medical Director, CAR T Lymphoma/CLL/MM US medical
affairs, will be instrumental in supporting the execution and
implementation of CAR T site medical strategy. He/she will be
located at the Seattle (or Summit) headquarters and will have
field-focused responsibilities (75%). This individual will
represent US Medical Affairs as therapeutic area expert (PAN-CAR T)
and provide clinical/scientific leadership and support for CAR T
compounds in various stages of clinical development, as well as,
He/she will take responsibility to lead the development of
documentation and tools for the assessment of medical criteria for
CAR T program site onboarding process through to certification and
assist in the implementation of the operational components for the
field medical team, including training in collaboration with the
scientific directors and disease leads. This individual s
responsibilities will include strategic and tactical planning of
medical affairs CAR T program site support and the point of contact
for internal site launch experience. He/she will need to have the
capability to travel and provide on-site support for designated CAR
T sites as needed in collaboration with the medical field team.
He/she will represent US Medical Affairs as needed, serving as a
therapeutic area expert in PAN-CAR T products.
Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to, the
- Primary medical director point of contact for field medical
team (MSL) and CAR T sites within designated region.
- Ensure positive first CAR T clinical experience for each
product at individual sites.
- Ensure sites continue to meet certification criteria after
- Point of contact for escalated calls from HCPs treating
patients with Celgene CAR T products that come thru the 24hr/7day
call center or medical unsolicited requests.
- Assist the field medical team (MSL) and cross-functional
partners during CAR T program site qualification and certification
- In collaboration with the MSL national director, ensure all CAR
T sites have medical support.
- Assist and lead post-launch CART site support and strategy in
collaboration with the field medical team (MSL).
- Point of contact for clinical issues related to non-conforming
products and assist with strategies related to non-conforming
products ( including protocols).
- Collaborate in the development of training materials for sites
and medical field team and provide training for both external and
internal stakeholders including REMS.
- Lead and support various Medical Affairs cross-functional
working groups with priority to activities related to CAR T site
qualification, verification and post-launch CAR T site
- Responsible for refining strategies and identify best practices
for optimal medical support for CAR T programs.
- Understand and develop site points of pain problem lists with
- Develop tools to assist sites in ease and quality of care to
- Work with EMR support/clinical pathways.
- In collaboration with the disease leads, drive the strategy and
execution of train-the-trainer project.
- Collaborate with Medical Affairs launch leads to define, guide
and execute CAR T strategies and tactics with appropriate use of
- Support CAR T medical affairs studies (e.g. registries,
- Provide therapy area medical and scientific expertise to
clinical study teams and key stakeholders.
- Represent the US Medical Affairs as a therapeutic expert at ad
boards and steering committee.
- Represent Celgene at professional meetings, congresses, and
- In collaboration with field medical team (MSL), lead and
execute on external KOL engagement plan.
- Cultivate and nurture strong collaborations, relationships and
support with Investigators, Academic partners and KOL s.
- Provide high quality clinical input and review of the following
but not limited to: CAR T strategy plans, abstracts, posters,
slides, manuscripts, educational materials, steering committee and
advisory board meeting objectives, Medical information letters, and
Commercial Brand plans.
The ideal candidate will have the following mix of professional and
- MD, preferable with clinical, research and/or industry
experience in cellular therapy and Hematology/Oncology.
- A minimum of 5-7 years academic/industry experience strongly
- Expertise in cellular therapy/hematopoietic stem cell
transplantation and/or hematological malignancies is a strong
- Demonstrate clinical management knowledge and skills.
- Excellent analytical skills and solid experience in translating
medical/clinical information into medical affairs strategies.
- Proficiency in critical data review and interpretation.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, including
presentations to large groups, facilitation of interactive
discussions, and 1:1 discussions with thought leaders.
- Demonstrated customer focus orientation and credibility with
- Knowledge/application of data sources, reports and tools for
the creation of solid plans.
- Regular travel will be required ( approx. 75%).
- Demonstrated ability to work as part of a team and problem
COMMITTED TO IMPROVING THE LIVES OF PATIENTS WORLDWIDE
At Celgene, we seek to deliver truly innovative and life-changing
drugs for our patients. Our vision as a company is to build a major
global biopharmaceutical corporation while focusing on the
discovery, the development, and the commercialization of products
for the treatment of cancer and other severe, immune, inflammatory
\"At Celgene, we seek to deliver truly innovative and life-changing
drugs for our patients.\"
There are more than 300 clinical trials at major medical centers
using compounds from Celgene. Investigational compounds are being
studied for patients with incurable hematological and solid tumor
cancers, including multiple myeloma, myelodysplastic syndromes,
chronic lymphocytic leukemia (CLL), non-Hodgkin s lymphoma (NHL),
triple-negative breast cancer and pancreatic cancer. As committed
as we are to clinical accomplishment, we are equally committed to
patient support, which is a guiding principle at Celgene. We
believe all who can benefit from our discoveries should have the
opportunity to do so. Celgene puts patients first with
industry-leading programs that provide information, support and
access to our innovative therapies. Associated topics:
administrative assistant, administrative officer, administrative
support, asso, chief operations officer, document, front desk,
operational support, operations director, staff
Keywords: Celgene, Cherry Hill , Field Medical Director, US Medical Affairs, CAR T (Cherry Hill,NJ), Executive , Cherry Hill, New Jersey
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!