Senior Manager, GI Statistics
Company: Takeda Pharmaceutical
Location: Cherry Hill
Posted on: January 15, 2023
By clicking the "Apply" button, I understand that my employment
application process with Takeda will commence and that the
information I provide in my application will be processed in line
that all information I submit in my employment application is true
to the best of my knowledge.
About the role: Join Takeda as a Senior Manager, Statistics, GI
where you will independently represent Data Science function on
projects leading data strategies related to diseases, assets or
other areas of interest in Takeda's ecosystem. You will also lead
project delivery directly related to global project teams or other
As part of the Data Sciences Institute (DSI) , you will report to
Senior Director/Director, Statistics. Partner with colleagues from
many functions that span R&D (e.g., pharmacology, chemistry,
imaging, translational sciences, computational biology,
experimental medicine) to Commercial (patient services, sales and
marketing, medical information).
Takeda is a global, values-based, R&D-driven, top 10
biopharmaceutical leader committed to discover and deliver
life-transforming treatments, guided by our commitment to patients,
our people and the planet.
Our Data Sciences Institute (DSI) is made up of more than 250
quantitative scientists who harness the insight of data and digital
to speed the development of innovative treatments to patients.
These scientists (from statistics, programming, outcomes research
and epidemiology, quantitative clinical pharmacology, digital
strategy, library sciences and data architecture/governance) bring
their expertise to our global program teams and re-imagine our
disciplines. They work with novel data streams, including
real-world data and digital tools, and apply advanced analytics
including artificial intelligence and automation.
As part of DSI, the Statistics and Quantitative Sciences (SQS) at
Takeda is looking to add individuals to our team that are team
oriented, collaborative, understanding of the statistical
programming function, exceptional leaders and innovators. SQS
aspires to bring safe and effective medications to the patients
with our quantitative skills. We design efficient trials,
contribute to clinical development strategies, perform high quality
statistical analyses, and pursue operational excellence.
To attract and retain the very best talent, we in Takeda SQS are
open to flexible or remote working for some roles. Such roles will
have a connection to a Takeda R&D center.
How you will contribute:
- Work independently and prioritize delivery for projects and
- Drive and influence project teams towards seamless delivery
while allowing and making decisions
- Contribute to asset level strategies to find and address
- Have internal and external presence on delivery risks and
enabling risk mitigation actions
- Can implement process and best practice changes through
- Play a leadership role in the development and review of data
science projects and their respective strategies, spanning
spontaneous data exploration in individual data sources to designed
and planned studies requiring the synthesis of many data
- Perform beginning-to-end data analyses, from data strategy to
objective formulation, to data exploration and insights, to
hypotheses formulation, experimental design, writing analysis
plans, data cleaning and curation, executing analysis, to
interpretation and preparing reports with documentation.
- Develop and support optimal data handling and data provenance
practices utilizing reproducible, interpretable data research
- Strengthen Takeda's advanced analytics toolkit by identifying
and applying emerging innovative techniques, as well as by
advancing the state of the art and developing novel analysis tools
- Collaborate within a matrix environment with business leaders
and scientists to identify and develop appropriate goals for data
science work (for example identifying sensitive and endpoints for
segmenting patient population, tracking disease progression,
quantifying quality of life).
- Provide expertise in concepts related to data acquisition and
ingestion working with Data Architecture and IT. Understand
respective systems security and provide support for data
transparency, disclosure, and governance.
- Work closely with Takeda statisticians and other quantitative
experts to ensure statistical issues in data analysis are addressed
- Anticipate and communicate internal and external resource and
quality issues that may impact deliverables or timelines of the
program. Propose and implement solutions. Escalate issues to
management as appropriate in a timely manner.
- Increase the internal impact of Takeda's data science work by
identifying opportunities across therapeutic or disease areas and
- Increase the external recognition of Takeda's data science work
by participating in conferences, publishing work and developing
external collaborations Minimum Requirements/Qualifications:
- PhD (degree in statistics/biostatistics or in other sciences
(requirement of Data Science / Quantitative Science) with 3+ years
experience in statistical/quantitative statistical environment
- MS (degree in statistics/biostatistics or in other sciences
(requirement of Data Science / Quantitative Science) with 6+ years
- Experience of clinical study designs, analysis methodology and
- Experience of pharmaceutical industry, overall drug development
process with expertise in the interfaces with the Statistics
- Experience of FDA and ICH regulations and industry standards
applicable to the design, analysis of clinical trials and
regulatory submissions. What Takeda can offer you:
- Comprehensive Healthcare: Medical, Dental, and Vision
- Financial Planning & Stability: 401(k) with company match and
Annual Retirement Contribution Plan
- Health & Wellness programs including onsite flu shots and
- Generous time off for vacation and the option to purchase
additional vacation days
- Community Outreach Programs and company match of charitable
- Family Planning Support
- Flexible Work Paths
- Tuition reimbursement Base Salary Range: $ 130,000 to $186,000.
Employees may also be eligible for Short Term and Long-Term
Incentive benefits. Employees are eligible to participate in
Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, 401(k), Charitable
Contribution Match, Holidays, Personal Days & Vacation, Tuition
Reimbursement Program and Paid Volunteer Time Off.
The final salary offered for this position may take into account a
number of factors including, but not limited to, location, skills,
education, and experience.
Takeda is proud in its commitment to creating a diverse workforce
and providing equal employment opportunities to all employees and
applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion,
sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression,
parental status, national origin, age, disability, citizenship
status, genetic information or characteristics, marital status,
status as a Vietnam era veteran, special disabled veteran, or other
protected veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and
local laws, and any other characteristic protected by law.
Keywords: Takeda Pharmaceutical, Cherry Hill , Senior Manager, GI Statistics, Executive , Cherry Hill, New Jersey
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!