Director of Financial Crimes Unit
Company: WSFS Bank
Location: Cherry Hill
Posted on: November 26, 2022
WSFS Bank ("Bank") is currently seeking a qualified candidate to
fill the role of Director of Financial Crimes Unit ("DFCU"). The
DFCU reports to the Chief Compliance Officer ("CCO") and is
accountable for leading, managing, and creating synergy over the
Bank's anti-money laundering ("BSA" function), fraud, and physical
security functions ("Operational Risk" functions). Maintaining a
strong and compliant BSA Program and overseeing a proactive and
responsive fraud and physical security function, balancing
effective risk management practices in a customer-centric service
model represent key objectives of this position. Partnering with
leadership in the first line of defense to arrive at appropriately
scaled solutions that take into consideration the need to protect
the Bank's and its Customers' assets while simultaneously balancing
business needs necessary to maintain positive customer experiences
is critical to the success of this role. Additional
- Evaluate and effectively direct enhancements in the
operationalization of requirements denoted within the Bank Secrecy
Act, USA PATRIOT Act, Money Laundering Control Act, Anti-Drug Abuse
Act, Annunzio-Wylie Anti-Money Laundering Act, Money Laundering
Suppression Act, Money Laundering and Financial Crimes Strategy
Act, Intelligence Reform and Terrorism Prevention Act, the Bank
Protection Act of 1968, Office of Foreign Assets Control
requirements, and related FFIEC guidance directing compliance with
anti-money laundering, anti-fraud, and security requirements.
- Drive a culture of compliance and risk engagement between the
first and second lines of defense building a true partnership to
accomplish strategic objectives in the context of fostering an
understanding of each line of defense's roles and
- Lead and manage three to five managers accountable for
anti-money laundering, fraud prevention and detection, and physical
security programs (collectively "Programs") within the Bank
ensuring alignment with Bank strategy and risk appetite.
- Deploy strategic vision in the execution of scaling and
leveraging synergies between and among the Programs, ensuring an
optimal mix of staffing, technology, cross-functional capabilities,
and actionable reporting of risk and loss events commensurate with
the size and complexity of the Bank.
- Direct periodic maturity and gap assessments necessary to gauge
expected effectiveness of the Programs in the context of where the
Bank is on its maturity curve.
- Direct risk assessments required of all three Programs,
identifying any deficiencies, and prioritizing corrective actions
- Self-identify and cause commensurate risk response /
remediation in the context of observations of non-compliance with
laws and regulations or instances in which the safety and soundness
of the Bank may be at risk.
- Identify and direct the integration of technology, process, and
workflow that may serve common or shared requirements of each
program to improve efficiency and effectiveness.
- Promote the transformation of data streams into meaningful
information and analysis from which to report out to management and
board committees as well as for use in making informed business
- Partner with Enterprise Risk Management to develop, implement,
monitor, and act upon meaningful key risk indicators sufficiently
informing management and the board of compliance with the Bank's
- Interface with primary functional regulators to address
compliance matters and support regulatory examinations of the
- Liaise with the first line of defense to build a true
partnership, understanding, and engagement sufficient to discharge
the effective execution of the Programs.
- Develop, implement, and maintain sustainable dashboards from
which management and the board may understand metrics indicative of
relevant business activities.This is a full-time position. Location
is flexible. Minimum Qualification:
- Bachelor's degree required; advanced degree is preferred.
- Must have at least 15 years of management experience in BSA,
Fraud, Security, Compliance, Risk Management, Operations, or a
related field in banking or financial services.
- Must have extensive anti-money laundering and fraud expertise
and experience in financial services is required.
- Must have one or more relevant certification is required (CAMS,
CFE, CPA, CIA, CISA, CRMA, CCSA, CRCM, CRP, or commensurate
- Must have experience working with bank regulators, including
the OCC, FDIC, and/or the FRB is required.
- Must possess proven strong leadership and collaboration
- Strong negotiation, influencing, and relationship management
- Demonstrated effectiveness presenting to Executive Management,
Board of Directors, and regulators.
- Strong business acumen, and exceptional problem solving,
decision making and analytical skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Must be proficient using Microsoft Office products and other
banking software when applicable.
- Ability to query data warehouses, data marts, and databases is
preferred.WSFS Bank is inclusive and supportive of individual
needs. If you have a physical or other impairment that might
require an accommodation, including technical assistance with the
WSFS Bank Careers website or submission process, please contact us
via email at How do you get to be nearly 200 years old in a world
that's constantly changing? For us, the answer has always been the
same: create a team of Associates who are passionate about serving
the community, and success will follow. Our Mission and Values
serve as essential reminders about who we are and how we do
business. WSFS is an equal opportunity employer. We do not
discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin,
gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical
conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender
expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an
individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected
Keywords: WSFS Bank, Cherry Hill , Director of Financial Crimes Unit, Executive , Cherry Hill, New Jersey
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!