Location: Cherry Hill
Posted on: September 22, 2022
OverviewThis is a unique and exciting time to join Express.
Since launching our EXPRESSway Forward strategy in 2020, we have
been steadily advancing a transformation from being known as a
store in the mall to a brand with a purpose, powered by a styling
community. We believe that clothes can serve a higher purpose to
make people look the way they want to look and feel the way they
want to feel, and our Express brand purpose We Create Confidence &
Inspire Self-Expression speaks to the role our brand can play in
their lives. -Today, we are reimagining our retail and outlet
stores with a spirit of hospitality so everyone who walks through
our doors has a positive experience and leaves wanting to be a part
of Generation Express. We call our stores Style Studios and our
sales associate teams Style Squads and they are the most important
part of our transformation. Our culture is defined by three values
Express Yourself, Express Together, Express Success and we invite
you to join us and help build, activate and amplify the Express
styling community. -For more information about Express, Inc. please
visit www.express.com. -ResponsibilitiesLocation: Cherry Hill Mall
- - -The Associate Manager supports the store manager in managing
store operations, recruiting, management, training and sales
functions, drives productivity, compliance with company policies,
and creates a great in-store shopping experience for our customers.
-Talent Attract, hire, develop, inspire, and retain top talent
- Support an environment, which encourages an exceptionally high
level of the store morale.
- Focus all store associates on creating an environment built on
team work and inspiring a one team mentality.
- Coach, teach, train, recognize and manage all aspects of
performance and development for all store associates up to and
including Sales Leaders, to encourage professional growth and build
a bench of talent.
- Identify high performing store associates and assist in their
- Develop and maximize the success of store associates to achieve
sales potential and customer experience.
- Attract and hire store associates, up to and including Sales
Leaders. -Execution - Analyze the business and execute/communicate
clear action plans that optimize results.
- Manage all aspects of daily store operations.
- Ensure all store associates have clarity on goals and action
- Provide feedback to help support the creation of clear action
plans that optimize results.
- Manage and delegate workload and ensure execution of plans and
strategies across the store.
- Maintain adherence to Company Policies and ensures the safety
of store associates and Customers.
- Manage merchandise flow, such as shipment, replenishment, and
omni-channel operations, throughout the store.
- Optimize sales/operations opportunity, by leading the
associates consistently executes merchandising strategies,
operations, loyalty programs and other company initiatives.
- With approval of the Store Manager, builds an effective
schedule with the right associate in the right place at the right
time. -Customer and Associate Experience Support and develop a
store environment focused on consistently delivering a great
in-store customer experience.
- Resolve customer complaints to a positive outcome. Determines
source of issues and takes initiative to identify and resolve.
- Lead consistent focus on delivering a great customer
- Create a culture of proactive customer engagement to exceed our
- Drive loyalty and credit card acquisition through an engaged
- Create positive in-store experience through visual
standards.Other essential functions may occur as directed by your
supervisor - -Essential Qualifications
- Education: High School or Equivalent
- Years of Experience: 3-5 of relevant job experience
- Proficient in use of technology (iPad, registers)
- Meets defined availability criteria, including nights, weekends
and non-business hours
- Meets physical requirements -Preferred Qualifications (skills
- Previous retail experience preferred
- Proven ability to drive sales results
- Strong supervisory, communication and customer service
- Minimum of two years relevant experience
- Prior people management experienceClosingAs an equal
opportunity employer, Express does not discriminate in hiring or
terms and conditions of employment on the basis of any federal,
state, or locally protected class. Express only hires individuals
authorized for employment in the United States.Notification to
Agencies: - -Please note that Express does not accept unsolicited
resumes or calls from third-party recruiters or employment
agencies.In the absence of a signed Master Service Agreement and
approval from HR to submit resumes for a specific
requisition,Express will not consider or approve payment to any
third-parties for hires made.
Keywords: Express, Cherry Hill , Associate Manager, Executive , Cherry Hill, New Jersey
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!