Product Manager, Development Technology
Company: Takeda Pharmaceutical
Location: Cherry Hill
Posted on: May 16, 2022
By clicking the "Apply" button, I understand that my employment
application process with Takeda will commence and that the
information I provide in my application will be processed in line
that all information I submit in my employment application is true
to the best of my knowledge.Job DescriptionTitle: Product Manager,
Development TechnologyAre you looking for a patient-focused,
innovation-driven company that will inspire you and empower you to
shine? Join us as a Product Manager, Development Technology in our
Cambridge, MA office.At Takeda, we are transforming the
pharmaceutical industry through our R&D-driven market
leadership and being a values-led company. To do this, we empower
our people to realize their potential through life-changing work.
Certified as a Global Top Employer, we offer stimulating careers,
encourage innovation, and strive for excellence in everything we
do. We foster an inclusive, collaborative workplace, in which our
global teams are united by an unwavering commitment to deliver
Better Health and a Brighter Future to people around the
world.Here, you will be a vital contributor to our inspiring, bold
mission.As a Product Manager on the Development Technology team,
you will be empowered to manage key relationships between the
business stakeholders and RD Technology and deliver on business
opportunities and outcomes. In this role, you will contribute to
Takeda's mission by leading the development of one or multiple
product strategies. A typical day will include:POSITION
- Lead the development of one or multiple product strategies,
fitting into long-term roadmaps and drive the product
priority-setting of capabilities and features in response to
business needs aligned with IT architecture, deployment and product
and release management.
- Proactively monitor and maintain product related end-to-end
customer/business experiences and influence relevant stakeholders
to support and deliver successful product releases.
- Partners with peers within IT to drive continuous improvement
of service processes, user experiences and application optimization
aligned with business stakeholders.
- Manage the key relationships between the business stakeholders
and IT to deliver on business opportunities and outcomes and, to
drive continuous delivery of value using agile IT life cycle
management from product prototyping, development, optimizations,
and renewals to product terminations.POSITION ACCOUNTABILITIES:
- Engage and align with business stakeholders and IT on current
business plans, strategies and future opportunities and
developments, providing product recommendations to build a pipeline
of meaningful releases.
- Manage and influence key stakeholders across business and
technology, to develop and convey product visions.
- Ensure and drive the development of a product vision, strategy
and roadmap whilst aligning key stakeholders based capability and
- Maintain- and serve as the communicator- of the product
- Use broad knowledge of IT, new and established technology
developments and consult with key players to enhance products, to
define products, to develop prototypes and to develop a roadmap for
ongoing and new product developments.
- Lead and guide the development of products by using persuasion
and negotiating skills to reach agreement on approach, development
- Lead and manage the Product Life Cycle(s) for the business, by
translating potential pipeline products to agile development
project, work closely with development teams to create new business
product releases focusing on additional and/or new functionality,
product simplification and to increase transparency.
- Drive the product planning fitting in long-term roadmaps and
aligned with short-term release plans.
- Drive prioritization of the product backlog to keep agile teams
unblocked and aligned.
- Participate and lead gathering of research to identify
articulated and non-articulated product needs (in terms of
Personas, problem-set, solution-space).
- Closely monitor product portfolios and business composition,
gather relevant data to continuously gain new insight and adjust
roadmaps, offering to optimize performance and effectiveness.
- Manage and take responsibility for sustainability of the
end-to-end customer experience of products developed.
- Estimate approximate workload requirements and timeline
predictions for several to many professionals and continuously
monitor and prioritize product developments and workflow and
capacity to deliver the most significant value to the product
- Communicate issues and successes up and down in the project
groups, IT and the business.
- Oversee and manage product budgets established in consultation
with stakeholders by balancing resources, vision development,
prototyping and sustain product teams to deliver and maintain the
- Continually monitor and refine the product and lead and
influence the performing service management and expert
opportunities to optimize use experiences.EDUCATION, BEHAVIORAL
COMPETENCIES AND SKILLS:Required:
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent in a scientific discipline,
computer science or business administration is preferred.
- 6 years or more of relevant professional experience in research
of development business lines, Product Management, IT service
delivery or related area.
- Professional in-depth knowledge of product management in
- Experience in stakeholder relationship management. Influential
in orchestrating key stakeholders and product teams to turn product
vision into reality.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, business
acumen, and enterprise knowledge.
- Extensive experience in design or in implementing solutions or
products and preferable experienced in quality improvement.
- Understand design thinking and can explain and convince
- Work with virtual/agile teams in different locations, aligning
and adapting different work, culture and communication styles.
- Extensive Project management experience.Preferred:
- Master's Degree
- Familiarity working in a lean and agile software delivery team
- Working knowledge of Pharmacovigilance(PV) Systems such as
ARGUS, Axway and Cognos reporting is preferred.
- Experience with the design and development of pharmaceutical
life science products.
- Able to think counterproductive, out of the box and is able to
- Hands-on experience of authoring User Stories, experience with
dev-ops tool set such as JIRA & Confluence as well as Product
Management tools (Aha!)LICENSES/CERTIFICATIONS:TRAVEL
REQUIREMENTS:WHAT TAKEDA CAN OFFER YOU:
- 401(k) with company match and Annual Retirement Contribution
- Tuition reimbursement Company match of charitable
- Health & Wellness programs including onsite flu shots and
- Generous time off for vacation and the option to purchase
additional vacation days
- Community Outreach ProgramsEmpowering Our People to
ShineDiscover more at takedajobs.comNo Phone Calls or Recruiters
Please.#LI-JV1EEO StatementTakeda is proud in its commitment to
creating a diverse workforce and providing equal employment
opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation,
gender identity, gender expression, parental status, national
origin, age, disability, citizenship status, genetic information or
characteristics, marital status, status as a Vietnam era veteran,
special disabled veteran, or other protected veteran in accordance
with applicable federal, state and local laws, and any other
characteristic protected by law.LocationsBoston, MAWorker
TypeEmployeeWorker Sub-TypeRegularTime TypeFull time
Keywords: Takeda Pharmaceutical, Cherry Hill , Product Manager, Development Technology, Executive , Cherry Hill, New Jersey
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!