Manager, Platform Project Management
Company: Takeda Pharmaceutical
Location: Cherry Hill
Posted on: May 15, 2022
By clicking the "Apply" button, I understand that my employment
application process with Takeda will commence and that the
information I provide in my application will be processed in line
that all information I submit in my employment application is true
to the best of my knowledge.Job DescriptionAbout the role:At
Takeda, we are a forward-looking, world-class R&D organization
that unlocks innovation and delivers transformative therapies to
patients. By focusing R&D efforts on four therapeutic areas and
other targeted investments, we push the boundaries of what is
possible in order to bring life-changing therapies to patients
worldwide.Join Takeda as a Manager, Platform Project Management
where you will support business operations activities in
collaboration with Research Platform Leaders and teams that provide
cross-functional support to Research Area teams. You will also
drive financial planning and tracking for Research Platform teams
to ensure alignment of spending with platform and Drug Discovery
Unit (DDU) goals, as well as support research planning,
forecasting, and portfolio reporting to ensure alignment and
visibility to portfolio progression in alignment with department
and Research level goals. In this role, you will provide expert
support for procurement, contract, and invoice management and issue
resolution for Research Platform teams and manage non-pipeline
projects in collaboration with scientific leads to ensure program
disciplines on contracting, reporting, and documentation. As part
of the GI DDU, you will report to the Head of Business Operations
and energetically engage with the entire DDU team to assure
visibility of all department goals and objectives and make critical
contributions to project operations to accelerate delivery to
performance goals by supporting communication efforts via key
department meetings and communication channels and developing and
implementing new operations processes to enhance operational
processes to increase efficiency.How you will contribute:
- Collaborate with research and translational teams to enable and
support planning and logistics, establish and manage contracts, CRO
management, data delivery, and final disposition.
- Manage contracting and procurement process to enable rapid
contract drafting, review, initiation, and resolution.
- Resolve and troubleshoot internal and external accounting and
payment issues associated with contracted work.
- Support project teams to enable achievement of project
objectives and maintain focus on critical path timelines with
Scientific Project leaders for projects assigned to this role.
- Set project planning disciplines and deliver all planning work
products required to manage GI DDU projects assigned to this
- Support and manage cross-functional meetings, including
scheduling logistics, the creation and distribution of meeting
agendas and minutes, and drive completion of action items.
- Ensure good meeting disciplines are continuously maintained
(with supporting documentation) so that there is a clear logical
record of events for each project or partnership.
- Support and maintain project infrastructure - including library
and repositories of data and actions, project Gantt Charts, and
- Ensure data integrity to support accurate reporting and
- Track progress against project plans and ensures project teams
and stakeholders have the tools necessary to deliver assays,
contracts, decisions, etc.
- Implement, support and maintain operations infrastructure -
including library and repositories of contracts and procurement
documentation, reporting and curating financial data, etc.
- Support project reporting via DDU, Research, and Enterprise-wde
reporting functions including Interact, ImPact, PowerBI, etc.
- Manage stakeholder communication in support of project
- Coach and support Scientific Project Leaders to drive projects
to stage gates and ensure KPIs are met. Highlight and resolve
project risks and issues with project team.
- Ensure smooth cross-functional liaisons with critical functions
for project success (Legal, Finance, Sourcing, HR, and across all
scientific functions as necessary). Be accountable for good
budgetary disciplines and adherence to contractual
- Drive continuous improvement activities for all project
management processes.Minimum Requirements/Qualifications:
- Focused on problem solving, troubleshooting, and issue
resolution. Demonstrated track record of taking initiative to
resolve problems rapidly in large cross functional
- Structured thinker, strong organizational bias. Ability to
implement structure without impacting efficiency of team.
- Core planning skills with high level of discipline and thorough
attention to detail.
- Solid analytical thinking with preference for analysis to
support decisions and a good process orientation.
- Focus on results and ability to focus upon bigger picture and
- Self motivated and self directing to deliver the core
responsibilities of the role and motivated to learn and expand
skill-set beyond the scope of the role.
- Solid financial knowledge of cost-based budgeting (internal and
external costs) and ability to seek out savings/efficiencies.
- Strong communication skills with excellent written and verbal
proficiency to communicate information succinctly, in English
- Strong competence in using PowerPoint, Project, and Excel to
above average proficiency.
- Sound scientific knowledge with Bachelor's degree (or higher)
in Science or Management related discipline with 2-4 years
experience in the biotechnology or pharmaceutical industry or
research focused academic environment, with a demonstrable broad
understanding of drug discovery and development practices.
- Experience with CRO and/or project management skills with solid
- Entrepreneurial: Demonstrates perseverance, identifies and
actively pursues potential opportunities
- Past experience in Translational Medicine/Science research a
plus, but not required.
- Use of video/Teams from home out of hours occasionally to link
with global team for project meetings in differing time zones.
- Occasional travel to project team meetings may be required (San
Diego/partners), What Takeda can offer you:
- Comprehensive Healthcare: Medical, Dental, and Vision
- Financial Planning & Stability: 401(k) with company match and
Annual Retirement Contribution Plan
- Health & Wellness programs including onsite flu shots and
- Generous time off for vacation and the option to purchase
additional vacation days
- Community Outreach Programs and company match of charitable
- Family Planning Support
- Flexible Work Paths
- Tuition reimbursementMore about us:At Takeda, we are
transforming patient care through the development of novel
specialty pharmaceuticals and best in class patient support
programs. Takeda is a patient-focused company that will inspire and
empower you to grow through life-changing work.Certified as a
Global Top Employer, Takeda offers stimulating careers, encourages
innovation, and strives for excellence in everything we do. We
foster an inclusive, collaborative workplace, in which our teams
are united by an unwavering commitment to deliver Better Health and
a Brighter Future to people around the world.This position is
currently classified as "hybrid" in accordance with Takeda's Hybrid
and Remote Work policy.In accordance with the CO Equal Pay Act,
Colorado Applicants Are Not Permitted to Apply.#LI-SGMEEO
StatementTakeda is proud in its commitment to creating a diverse
workforce and providing equal employment opportunities to all
employees and applicants for employment without regard to race,
color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender
expression, parental status, national origin, age, disability,
citizenship status, genetic information or characteristics, marital
status, status as a Vietnam era veteran, special disabled veteran,
or other protected veteran in accordance with applicable federal,
state and local laws, and any other characteristic protected by
law.LocationsBoston, MAWorker TypeEmployeeWorker
Sub-TypeRegularTime TypeFull time
Keywords: Takeda Pharmaceutical, Cherry Hill , Manager, Platform Project Management, Executive , Cherry Hill, New Jersey
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!