Network Engineer I
Company: Apex Systems
Location: Cherry Hill
Posted on: January 14, 2020
Job #: 1027077
Network Engineer I
Cherry Hill, NJ - 6 Month + Contract
Overview: Our partner, one of the Nation's leading IT hardware,
software, and solutions providers is in search of a Network
Engineer to support their client in Cherry Hill, NJ.
Their client is quickly growing and has numerous projects that
require support in the areas of SDWAN, network monitoring &
management and call center deployments. They're looking for someone
who is hungry to take on work, eager to learn and grow within their
In this role you will be reporting directly to the Manager of
Network Engineering and Operations.
- Serve as Network Engineer and assist a team of highly-skilled
- Maintain Network Performance by assisting with configurations
- Troubleshooting of network problems
- Assist Network Engineering group in adhering to process and
procedures laid out by management.
- Assist team in documentation, review and enhance network
topology and performance
- Share team responsibility for capacity and availability
planning and reporting on a monthly, quarterly and yearly
- Must be capable of requirements analysis for network
- Monitor network performance; troubleshooting network problems
- Schedule upgrades and collaborate with Senior Engineers on
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational
- Reporting network operational status by gathering, prioritizing
information, managing projects
- Plan and document new deployments and the associated network
- Infrastructure device upgrades or replacements
- Investigate, troubleshoot, isolate, and document problems
- Research, analyze and implement software patches or hardware
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with
other areas of the infrastructure and applications teams
- Provide off-hours operational support when necessary and
participate in the on-call rotation.
- Perform scheduled and emergency maintenance changes during off
- Other duties may be assigned.
- Special emphasis on routing, switching, and security network
- Basic Knowledge of switching, routing, firewall, load balancers
and wireless technologies
- Basic Knowledge of WAN technologies.
- Basic Knowledge of network management applications.
- Ability to conduct research into networking issues and problems
- Strong interpersonal, written, and oral communication
- Highly self-motivated and directed, with keen attention to
- Ability to present ideas in user-friendly language
- Proven analytical and problem-solving abilities
- Ability to effectively prioritize tasks in a high-pressure
- Ability to work in a team-oriented, collaborative
- Willingness to learn and display self-initiative with a
- 2 to 5 years' experience in the field or education and training
Apex Systems is an equal opportunity employer. We do not
discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color,
religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth,
breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), age, sexual
orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry,
citizenship, genetic information, registered domestic partner
status, marital status, disability, status as a crime victim,
protected veteran status, political affiliation, union membership,
or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider
qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent
with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our
website in search of information on employment opportunities or to
apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our
website for a search or application, please contact our Employee
Services Department at 844-463-6178.
Keywords: Apex Systems, Cherry Hill , Network Engineer I, Engineering , Cherry Hill, New Jersey
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!