Part-Time Science Teacher
Company: Fusion Academy
Location: Cherry Hill
Posted on: November 19, 2022
Title Part-Time Science TeacherAbout the Organization Fusion
Academy is a revolutionary alternative, accredited private school
for grades 6-12 that offers a fully individualized classroom: one
student, one teacher. As the nationwide leader in one to one
schooling, Fusion Academy has campuses throughout the country.
Every student at Fusion is unique - some students are accelerated
learners; some need flexible scheduling; and others have special
learning needs due to attention challenges, learning differences,
or social and emotional difficulties. No matter why students come
to Fusion, our model is simple - through compassion and acceptance,
Fusion students learn on their terms, on their schedule, and in
their learning style. Our model is a unique academic program
offering services year-round on a rolling admissions basis. Our
environment is highly personal and socially inclusive. Equal
emphasis is placed on students' emotional well-being as it is on
academic achievements. In addition to full time enrollment,
students at Fusion Academy may take a class for credit or enroll in
our tutoring/mentoring program. The Fusion culture offers a special
place to work, teach, and learn. Fusionites are a special brand of
educators--they are creative, passionate, embrace change, and have
fun! They communicate honestly and with compassion to both students
and colleagues. People join the Fusion family for more than just a
paycheck; they seek to work with peers who share these values. And
because Fusion is growing rapidly, we offer considerable
opportunity for career advancement throughout the country. Pay
Range Hours Location Cherry Hill Description Science Teacher/Mentor
Position Summary Our campus has an immediate opening for a Science
Teacher. This position provides a student centered, supportive
classroom that promotes compassion and tolerance, emotional
security, resourcefulness, and independent critical thinking while
addressing the individual academic and emotional needs of each
student through Fusion's differentiated approach. Key
- Provide a one-to-one teaching experience in the areas of
General Science at grade levels 6-12.
- Show evidence of adapting and differentiated instruction for
all students and a classroom forum for holistic growth.
- Maintain complete and accurate records.
- Develop and maintain genuine, positive and consistent
communication with parents.
- Contribute to and benefit from the campus community.
- Practice professionalism through ongoing professional
development, reflection and continuous improvement.
- In addition to subject matter tutoring and teaching, this
position includes significant student mentoring.
- Other duties as assigned Position Requirements Qualifications
- A minimum of a Bachelor's Degree is required for consideration,
as well as a higher level Science background.
- Solid subject matter knowledge in a majority of these areas:
General Science at grade levels 6-12.
- Teaching credentials are a plus but are not mandatory.
- Experience with students with learning differences and ADHD is
a plus as well as mentoring experience.
- The ideal candidate is outgoing, well organized, competent in
basic computer skills, and is an individual who is eager to work in
a highly dynamic, energetic school setting.
- Candidate must be prepared to teach and tutor material at a
high school level immediately. Competencies Desired:
- Expertise in the relevant subject area.
- Understand learning differences and emotional
- Ability to mentor as a positive role model.
- Understand and support each student's Formal Education Plan
- Commitment to continuous improvement.
- Self-directed, proactive, intelligent, knowledge of curriculum
and assessment, multi-tasker, problem solving skills, professional
written and verbal communication skills, ability to connect with
students with patience and compassion.
- Ability to manage stress, and self-regulate during chaos and
crisis, consistently positive attitude, strong teamwork,
passionate, genuine, organized, internally motivated, service
orientation, ability to reserve judgment and respond with curiosity
and compassion. All qualified applicants will receive consideration
for employment without regard to age, race, creed, color, national
origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual
orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality
or sex. Number of Openings 1 Full-Time/Part-Time Part-Time
Exempt/Non-Exempt Non-Exempt This position is currently accepting
applications. Apply Now
Keywords: Fusion Academy, Cherry Hill , Part-Time Science Teacher, Education / Teaching , Cherry Hill, New Jersey
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!