Hospital Office Manager
Location: Cherry Hill
Posted on: November 26, 2022
C ome work at a place where innovation and teamwork come
together to support the most exciting missions in the world!
Position Purpose: The purpose of the Hospital Office Manager is to
provide daily leadership to our hospital and partner with Hospital
Veterinarian(s). The Hospital Office Manager partners with our
retail store partners to provide a smooth and profitable operation
by creating a culture of high-quality patient care and exceptional
customer service, as well as driving revenue and managing costs.
The Hospital Office Manager represents the mission and values of
the hospital and Petco to all clients. Our partners are empowered
to do what it takes to create an exceptional client and patient
experience. The Hospital Office Manager coordinates the overall
operations of the hospital and cultivates a supportive and
collaborative team environment by fostering cohesion and motivation
within the team. If you have a passion for pet health and
wellbeing, wed love to have you on our team! Essential Job
Functions The essential duties and responsibilities that are
required of this position. This section includes the primary
accountabilities or duties of the role. The Hospital Office Manager
must be able to perform all the following duties and
responsibilities with or without reasonable accommodation:
- Lead hospital paraprofessionals to drive operational
excellence, efficiency, high standard patient care and excellent
- Create productive, collaborative and seamless relationships
with all veterinarians in the hospital to drive a positive culture
and cohesive team environment.
- Point person for all day-to-day functions of the practice
including, but not limited to veterinarian and support partners
scheduling, equipment function and maintenance, inventory control
and ordering, proper invoicing, patient scheduling, team training,
radiological safety program and handling elevated client
- Oversee hiring, training, reviewing, counseling and separation
of paraprofessional partners, in partnership with AOM (Area
Operations Manager) and Human Resources Business Partner.
- Assume scheduling responsibilities for all paraprofessional
partners, with the expectation to schedule a minimum of two weeks
out. Maintain all hospital partner points in accordance with Petcos
punctuality and attendance policy.
- Create and maintain doctors schedule with support from Area or
Regional Medical Director as needed.
- Review P&L monthly reporting, and partner with Area
Operations Manager to increase revenue growth and exceed financial
targets set by Finance team.
- Escalate partner or client issues to Area Operations Manager,
Area Medical Director and/or HRBP as required.
- Interface and collaborate with Petco store team to drive a
seamless complete care customer experience.
- Schedule appointments, provide client education, relay test
results to doctor and clients, maintain and update hospital
inventory, maintain client/patient records within the practice
management system and manage accounts receivable.
- Keep hospital environment neat and clean; maintain OSHA
standards, perform and maintain regular cleaning of environment
based on necessity as well as based on a pre-determined maintenance
- Uphold and enforce all policies of Petco and Vetco Total
Care.Other Duties and Responsibilities:
- Patient care always comes first.
- Any issues with patient clients or hospital partners are dealt
with and resolved as they occur, or as soon as is possible.
- Exceptional teamwork and commitment to achieve shared goals to
benefit the entire company of Petco.
- Collaborate with the Retail Team to drive a positive cultural
and cohesive team environment
- Provide backup front desk support as needed including answering
- Perform additional duties and special projects as
assigned.Nature of Supervision:The incumbent reports to the Area
Operations Manager.Planning and Problem Solving:The Hospital Office
Manager must possess excellent planning skills while scheduling the
hospital paraprofessional partners in order to ensure adequate
coverage while making sure the hospital does not exceed forecasted
payroll costs. The Hospital Office Manager will also play a crucial
role in ensuring that day-to-day operation of the hospital is
efficient and provides an optimal experience for our patients and
guests.Impact:This position will impact the organization by
contributing to the growth of productive practice while focusing on
a high-quality standard of care. From an overall hospital
organizational standpoint, this position in critical to ensuring
that we have a cohesive, well-trained, and motivated medical
support team. The desired result is the creation of an optimal
environment that ensures partner retention, patient well-being, and
customer satisfaction.Supervisory Responsibility:This position
includes 1 or more direct reports (Veterinary Technicians, Vet
Assistants, and Concierge partners) with daily responsibilities
that include recruiting, interviewing, hiring, training,
mentoring/coaching, assignment delegation and partnering with Human
Resources on discipline up to and including termination.Minimum
- 2-3 years previous experience working in a veterinary practice.
In lieu of veterinary experience, must have 2+ years of strong
- Must have excellent written and verbal communication
- Ability to make decisions, delegate tasks and responsibilities
and drive results with hospital partners
- Must be compassionate and sympathetic and be able to maintain a
professional attitude and demeanor during emotional and stressful
- Must have telephone etiquette and basic computer skills.
- Must be a team player willing to continue learning, offer
creative ideas and accept continual change.
- Basic computer skills i.e. Microsoft Office suiteDesired
- 3- 5 years previous experience working in veterinary
- Previous P&L management
- Bachelors degree or equivalent experience
- 3+ years in a management role, including customer service
- Reporting and data analysis experience
- Veterinary Assistant/Technician experience in positions of
- Licensed Veterinary Technician or Certified Veterinary
Assistant (not required)
- Change agility- Works productively and able to navigate
ambiguity or uncertainty while assuming positive intent in a
fast-paced and evolving environment.
- Desire to Learn - Demonstrates flexibility and resilience in
response to obstacles, constraints, adversity, and mistakes.
Constructively and resourcefully adapts to changing needs,
conditions, priorities or opportunities. Seeks out opportunities to
learn from new discoveries, innovations, ways of looking at things,
knowledge, and ideas. Invites and incorporates both giving and
receiving productive and well-intentioned feedback.
- Drive for Results -- Initiate decisive, timely actions to
address important issues. Demonstrates a strong sense of ownership
and a commitment to achieving meaningful results. Sets challenging,
clear goals/targets and expectations for achieving business
results. Drives initiatives/efforts while taking personal
responsibility to make decisions and execute actions.Work
Environment:The majority of job duties are conducted in the
Veterinary Hospital. Position requires bending, kneeling, lifting
(up to 30 pounds, as necessary) and standing for long periods of
time. A large amount of this partners time will be spent in direct
contact with clients and their pets. Contacts:This position will
regularly communicate with clients, veterinary specialists, store
partners, and companies that provide products and/or services that
the practice utilizes. The right candidate will be able to
positively represent the hospital and Petco within the professional
community and to our guests.Petco Animal Supplies, Inc. is an Equal
Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive
consideration for employment without regard to race, color,
religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national
origin, disability, age, protected veteran status, or any other
Keywords: Petco, Cherry Hill , Hospital Office Manager, Administration, Clerical , Cherry Hill, New Jersey
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!